Special Heroes: Hans Rudel

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

GSlapshot
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Special Heroes: Hans Rudel

Post by GSlapshot » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:10 pm

Rudel 1 is fair until 1941. After that no matter which ftr/bmr he is in he is toast. If you go to GC West 42-43 you can only take 8 units and no way should you take Rudel1.

Akopian
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Akopian » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:43 am

So that's what I did wrong! He lasted though . . . Just protected him.

El_Jairo

Post by El_Jairo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:22 pm

I had already difficulties using him in GC 39 because the limited spots in deployment. I do like him to be able to deliver some pain but spotting range 4 is also sweet. He can still lower entrenchment but finishing off units... That is very usefull too now and then.

jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by jaggy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:18 am

As mentioned earlier by another poster, Rudel is great as a 'Wild Weasel' in taking out AAA including Soviet SPAAGs.

Bacchreus
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Bacchreus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Sorry to necro this thread but I have a question about Rudel. I received him as outlined above in Poznan and also got the message regarding him in Eben Emael. However after importing my core to GC41 I didn't receive his unit message in Belgrade and did not receive Rudel 2 in Minsk 41. I have deployed him in every scenario except Crete naval.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what i've done wrong to not receive him. I have no way to tell which patch i'm using but I know the campaign is running under the 1.20 rules. I think the patch is 1.23 but i don't know where to check.

TSPC37730

Post by TSPC37730 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:06 pm

If I recall correctly from previous readings, you have to keep him & also have him deployed at the start of Minsk in order to get the Super Rudel unit. He's always appeared for me & I've never had a problem with this, so, I don't know for sure though.

captainjack
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by captainjack » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:57 pm

It's the deployment in Minsk that is essential. I have had times when I didn't deploy Recon Rudel at all after I got him, realised I'd missed the fighting Rudel somewhere in Russia, restarted Minsk and it all worked fine.

Bacchreus

Post by Bacchreus » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:27 am

Thank you for your fast reply's but if you have another read of my question you can see that I have deployed him in Minsk as both of you suggest I do and every other mission aside from Crete Naval and he did not appear. Which turn is he supposed to turn up in? Is it turn 2? I have since tried loading up both Belgrade and Minsk again and deploying him and still not received either the message in Belgrade or the new Rudel in Minsk. I'm now thinking that there must have been something wrong with importing my core from GC40 into GC41.

Can you tell me what your settings are on for each of you when you successfully gain the unit? Ie: are you using 1.20 rules, what difficulty (i am playing Colonel as its my first time through)? Have you got reform units selected? and any other setting things you can think of that may be relevant.

vindy45

Post by vindy45 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:50 pm

What plane do you have him in? He needs to be in a Stuka not an ME 110.

Bacchreus

Post by Bacchreus » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:58 am

I have kept him in a Stuka the whole time i've had him. never changed the plane.

fliegenderstaub
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by fliegenderstaub » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:34 am

Have you tried restarting GC 41 just to see if the message in Belgrad appears or not (don't forget to deploy Rudel :wink: , just for the message). If not, maybe your core save from GC40 is somehow corrupted?

Have you any saved games from the Maginot scenario? Maybe a replay of that scenario would help to get Rudel back on track. If that doesn't help, the problem seems to be earlier GC40, I guess.

By the way, did you rename the unit? I don't know if that has any influence, but you never know.

A word from the developers would be nice regarding your special problems.
...and like the once-mighty Mahi-Mahi, you will end
up on a poo-poo platter in the Tikki Hut of life! -Al Bundy -

Bacchreus

Post by Bacchreus » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:55 pm

I haven't renamed the Rudel unit at all. I'm coming to the same conclusion as you. I'll try the last GC40 mission again and reimport the core then do belgrade and see if that fixes the problem.

Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:03 pm

If you want I can play your core up to Minsk. Just upload your core and setting you wish to use.

Bacchreus

Post by Bacchreus » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:51 am

Well I redid Maginot line and brought a new core into GC41, played Belgrade with Rudel and still didn't get the message for him.

Thanks for the offer to play my core to get Rudel. I would love to take you up on it, here is a copy of my GC40 core.

Edit: I tried to attach my core but it says extension pzcor is not allowed. Any idea how to upload my core?

Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:32 am

Bacchreus wrote:Edit: I tried to attach my core but it says extension pzcor is not allowed. Any idea how to upload my core?
Zip it first then attach the zip file.

Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:04 am

Or you can use a filehosting service. For example https://www.mediafire.com/ , a cloud service like Microsoft https://onedrive.live.com or the very popular https://www.dropbox.com/en/

Edit: Don't forget to mention what difficulty setting and rules set you like to use, otherwise I assume the default settings (General difficulty, New Rules 1.20) Normal RNG and no Reform Units.

Bacchreus

Post by Bacchreus » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:20 am

Sorry for the late reply but i've added my core for DLC41.

I have been playing on Colonel difficulty as its my first time through and 1.20 rules and have been using reform units so I don't lose any heroes.

edit: and normal rng.
Attachments
pzcorps core for DLC 41.rar
(4.21 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:35 am

Mind if I throw away all those infantry except those with special heroes? You got 13 infantry units but only 9 tanks. As the game progress infantry becomes more and more useless. A better ratio would be like 5 infantry and 20 tanks +/- AT-Tanks, and I need to double you fighters. I recommend 6-8 to level up to 3 star until '44 so your precious tanks don't get bombed into oblivion by the russian onslaught happening later.

BTW a little hint. If you got infantry with movement bonus, try not to use transports. That way you keep your movement bonus in difficult terrain like deep forest, and mountains if using mountain troops. Big tactical advantage.

Dragoon.

Post by Dragoon. » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:42 am

Quick Update.

Played your core until Minsk '41. Rudel did not spawn for me either.

Loaded my last GC40 core into DLC'41, used repeatedly cheat code endscn 0, to jump ahead to Minsk and Rudel spawned. I compared your Rudel to mine, and I didn't see anything unusual.
I have no clue at this point why your Rudel version seem to be corrupted somehow.

I uploaded the Minsk deployment phase save from your core. Maybe a can dev check it out. Uploaded my GC40 core as well, if you want to continue playing with mine instead.

PS. I don't know which file is my GC40 core, so I uploaded my complete core folder.
Attachments
Dragoon's PC Core collection.zip
(185.35 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Bacchreus Core(02.09.2015) Minsk41, Turn 1.zip
(71.52 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Hello Bacchreus, I checked and replayed some scenarios, and it seems you have stumbled upon a bug. I have an idea what might cause this problem, after trying some things myself.

The 'reform units' option is not bugfree, and if the first Rudel is lost and than reformed, it seems the special status is somehow no longer recognized by Panzer Corps. I tried this by getting him destroyed in the last GC'39 scenario and than reform him when loading the core for GC'40. The first Rudel will still have the correct hero and stats, but the messages and the second Rudel will no longer be triggered in Minsk. It's probably a bug with the special way of keeping track of the name that triggers the events (you can change his screen name and aircraft type without problem and this trigger will still work, BTW).

Return to “Panzer Corps”