FAQ / Common Questions

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

apostrophefz
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: FAQ / Common Questions

Post by apostrophefz »

"Horse" movement type, what's that? More movement in clear fields?
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

apostrophefz wrote:"Horse" movement type, what's that? More movement in clear fields?
Cavalry uses Horse movement. it is similar to All Wheel Drive. You can check it out in the Library, [except on Mac or IPad].

Horse transport also uses Horse Movement, included in game, but not in the equipment file. :?:

Nico's equipment mode includes Horse Transport.
Cost=15, Move=5
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
apostrophefz
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by apostrophefz »

dalfrede wrote:
apostrophefz wrote:"Horse" movement type, what's that? More movement in clear fields?
Cavalry uses Horse movement. it is similar to All Wheel Drive. You can check it out in the Library, [except on Mac or IPad].
What does that mean exactly, in practice? Sorry Herr Oberst, I'm at work at the moment, I can't go in the game.
dalfrede

Post by dalfrede »

From movement.pzdat, reformatted to compare Horse with Tracked, Half-tracked, and Wheeled

Movement cost
# Terrain, # Horse, , , , # Tracked, , , , # Half-tracked, , , , # Wheeled ,
#, Dry, Muddy, Frozen, , Dry, Muddy, Frozen, , Dry, Muddy, Frozen, , Dry, Muddy, Frozen
Swamp, 2, All, 1, , 4, Impass, 2, , 4, Impass, 2, , All, Impass, 3
Clear, 1, 2, 1, , 1, 2, 1, , 1, 3, 2, , 2, 3, 2
Countryside, 1, 2, 1, , 1, 2, 1, , 1, 3, 2, , 2, 3, 2
Bocage, 2, 2, 2, , 4, All, 5, , All, All, All, , All, All, All
Forest, 2, 2, 2, , 2, 3, 2, , 2, 3, 2, , 3, All, All
Thick Forest, All, All, All, , Impass, Impass, Impass, , Impass, Impass, Impass, , Impass, Impass, Impass
Hills, 2, 2, 3, , 2, 3, 2, , 2, 4, 3, , 4, All, All
Mountains, All, All, All, , All, All, All, , All, All, All, , All, All, All
City, 1, 1, 1, , 1, 1, 1, , 1, 1, 1, , 1, 2, 2
Airfield, 1, 1, 1, , 1, 1, 1, , 1, 1, 1, , 1, 2, 2
Port, 1, 1, 1, , 1, 1, 1, , 1, 1, 1, , 1, 2, 2
Fortification, 1, 2, 1, , 2, 3, 2, , 2, 3, 2, , 4, All, 5
Desert, -20, -20, -20, , 1, 1, 1, , 1, 1, 1, , -20, -20, -20[%]
Dunes, 2, 2, 2, , 2, 2, 2, , 2, 2, 2, , 3, 3, 3
Rough Desert, All, All, All, , Impass, Impass, Impass, , Impass, Impass, Impass, , Impass, Impass, Impass
Jungle, 2, 3, 2, , 2, 3, 2, , 2, 3, 2, , 3, All, 4
River, All, All, 2, , All, All, 2, , All, All, 2, , All, All, 2
Railroad, 1, 2, 1, , 2, 3, 2, , 2, 3, 2, , 3, 4, 4
Road, 1, 1, 1, , 1, 1, 1, , 1, 1, 1, , 1, 2, 2
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
apostrophefz
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by apostrophefz »

Wonderful response.

Reading that, I see that horse movement maintains some endurance over swamps, bocages, fortifications and railroads than the other options. Good to know this.

What happens on the desert bit? It drains movement from Horse type?

I also see that Wheeled suffers the most out of dry conditions.

This frozen business got me thinking: what happens to a unit standing over a frozen river when it thaws?
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

Units stranded on thawed hexes don't usually disappear. If next to a land hex they can move onto it, otherise they have to wait until the water re-freezes to escape. I think of them sitting on ice floes, either ice fishing or feeling sorry for themselves while they wait for the ice to drift close to land.

I say "don't usually disappear" as I am reasonably sure I have lost units on frozen lakes in the past.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Recently, saves in the game are kept only the last and penultimate ! If you save the game in the middle the game seems to remember them but it is no longer possible to load them ! Opened the folder C:\Users\******\Documents\My Games\Panzer Corps in it in the Save folder my saves but their size is 0 bytes ( see because it is impossible to download them and the game does not see them at all ! ) From here such a question :
how to fix it because everything was normal before )

As well as using cheats found but still the game does not recognize them for me )

Press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + C during the game and

https://www.igromania.ru/cheat/10607/Panzer_Corps.html

I have climbs out constantly such a picture how many died, in sight because of pressing the C key )

Trainers game I also do not work !

https://chemax.ru/pc/cheats/p/panzer_corps

I would also like to fix it, even though I'm not a cheater, but sometimes you need to quickly break through some mod.....
captainjack

Post by captainjack »

Strange things like this are often fixed by reinstalling the game. This isn't so bad if you have gold edition, but takes a really long time if you bought each part separately (I bought gold edition during a sale so I could reinstall).
The other option is to contact the support team. They are pretty good but you might have wait a day or two to get attention, and remember they are on UK working hours, which might add a bit more delay.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

captainjack wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:20 am Strange things like this are often fixed by reinstalling the game. This isn't so bad if you have gold edition, but takes a really long time if you bought each part separately (I bought gold edition during a sale so I could reinstall).
The other option is to contact the support team. They are pretty good but you might have wait a day or two to get attention, and remember they are on UK working hours, which might add a bit more delay.

Yes, I have steam gold version reinstalling does not help ! Maybe you need to clean the game cache ?
Kevininmaui
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Kevininmaui »

Why don’t all players just play open password? Are they afraid of a better player coming along to teach them strategy and tactics? I’m not claiming to be any kind of expert, I just want to play against real people! All my challenges are open! Like real war, one learns from losing! I encourage all of you to issue more open challenges!
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Kevininmaui wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:05 am Why don’t all players just play open password? Are they afraid of a better player coming along to teach them strategy and tactics? I’m not claiming to be any kind of expert, I just want to play against real people! All my challenges are open! Like real war, one learns from losing! I encourage all of you to issue more open challenges!
Do you think it is about this? Could be... I always thought people play with friends or with people they "know"?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Kevininmaui wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:05 am Why don’t all players just play open password? Are they afraid of a better player coming along to teach them strategy and tactics? I’m not claiming to be any kind of expert, I just want to play against real people! All my challenges are open! Like real war, one learns from losing! I encourage all of you to issue more open challenges!
I play open games occasionally, but there are challengers that I play frequently because I enjoy playing with them. That is why I set up games with passwords, because I have made good friends with this game and I continue to enjoy playing them.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Yes, true. It can be frustrating to wait for your opponent's turn for several weeks...
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Return to “Panzer Corps”