FAQ / Common Questions

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: FAQ / Common Questions

Post by ThvN »

Reinhard wrote:What are the following facilities:
1. Hangar?
2. Supply Dump?
3. Pumping Station?
These are all just 'special objectives'. They are usually put on the map to be destroyed as a goal for the player, and have no special features. Scenario writers can use them when making victory trigger conditions to give the player a special goal to achieve or just add them to make the map look more interesting.
Reinhard
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Reinhard »

In the campaign prestige points moving from one script to another script? Or only units?
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

Reinhard wrote:In the campaign prestige points moving from one script to another script? Or only units?
Sorry i am not 100% sure i understand your question but if you meant to ask if in the campaign you are going to keep your prestige points as well as your units from scenario to scenario then the answer is of course yes. Every finished scenario is awarding you a certain amount of prestige as reward tho which is added at the begin of the following scenario.
Reinhard

Post by Reinhard »

Tarrak wrote: Sorry i am not 100% sure i understand your question but if you meant to ask if in the campaign you are going to keep your prestige points as well as your units from scenario to scenario then the answer is of course yes. Every finished scenario is awarding you a certain amount of prestige as reward tho which is added at the begin of the following scenario.
Thanks!
Naxor
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Naxor »

Is there any list available what unit changes have been done when 1.20 came out? For example ambush at sirte mp scenario british no longer have 6pdr antitank gun?
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

Naxor wrote:Is there any list available what unit changes have been done when 1.20 came out? For example ambush at sirte mp scenario british no longer have 6pdr antitank gun?
I'm afraid there is no complete 'official' list with every change on it, but I've compared the data on the 6-pdr AT gun between the previous and current PzC versions, and I may have an answer for you:

First of all, Ambush at Sirte takes place at 5.2.1942 (EDIT: I screwed up the date formatting again, so it would be February 5th, 1942).

In the old equipment file, the 6-pdr was available from 8.9.1941, but for 1.20 this date has been changed to 1.4.1942, so now it is available nearly seven months later than in the older version. So, unfortunately, it is no longer available to purchase for Ambush at Sirte, as this scenario takes place earlier than the gun becomes available (good catch though!).

I know for sure some existing British units were changed, but I don't have a complete list handy. For example, the Valentine tank was slightly upgraded, and the 25-pdr artillery gun is now switchable into an anti-tank version.
Naxor

Post by Naxor »

Ok. Thanks for your answer. Need to find other way to stop german tanks then :)
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

Naxor wrote:Ok. Thanks for your answer. Need to find other way to stop german tanks then :)
You're welcome, and if I engage my 'second-hand car salesman mode', the 6-pdr has an initiative (INI) of 4, and a hard attack (HA) of 14, very nice figures compared to the 2-pdr (INI=3, HA=7). But if you need a decent replacement, the AT version of the 25-pdr artillery gun has INI=2 and HA=9, worse figures than the 6-pdr but it is a light artillery gun in its primary mode, and as a whole a lot more useful when the German tanks are still relatively fragile.

If you need a dedicated AT gun, you can just buy a 25-pdr artillery gun and switch it if necessary, or maybe get a a mobile 2-pdr; the Portee 2-pdr version, less powerful than the 6-pdr, but very fast and quite cheap. It might even be useful to grab a victory hex with it, and be ready to repel German tanks in the same turn, unlike a towed AT 6-pdr, which relies on a transport truck for its mobility.

So, for fluid scenarios and mobile warfare, the 2-pdr Portee is a usable alternative, and for static positions the switched 25-pdr is adequate compared to the 6-pdr. For the rest, if you have enough prestige my personal recommendation would be a Churchill Mk II tank, available from 9.7.1941, it should serve you nicely in practically all situations...
Naxor

Post by Naxor »

ThvN wrote:
Naxor wrote:Ok. Thanks for your answer. Need to find other way to stop german tanks then :)
If you need a dedicated AT gun, you can just buy a 25-pdr artillery gun and switch it if necessary
This is great tip. I didn't know it's switchable. :o Helps a lot.
Profach
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Profach »

Hy all,i am new in this game and have a question about core unit. I finish grand campaign 39-45. Can i transfer my core unit from this campaign in next one or i miss something?
Sry for my english
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Profach wrote:Hy all,i am new in this game and have a question about core unit. I finish grand campaign 39-45. Can i transfer my core unit from this campaign in next one or i miss something?
Sry for my english
You can only transfer core units within the Grand Campaign.
Delta66
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Delta66 »

VPAulus,

May I suggest that you add as a sticky, a post clarifying the order in which the various PzC games, expansions and patch should be installed.

I have found this post
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=45414

I think there are other posts but didn't find them.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

There's no specific order as long as you install Panzer Corps (or Afrika Korps and Allied Corps if there's no Panzer Corps) in first place and install in last the patch 1.21.
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

Thanks for the answer,

Even if there is no specific order, there might be questions on the subject. That's why I fought it make sense to make an entry for this in the FAQ, even if only to clarify that there is no specific order.
ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

Has someone made a list of on what date exactly upgrades become available?
Delta66

Post by Delta66 »

Hi,

Check this thread for the units data, including availability date, in PDF or Excel format.

viewtopic.php?p=290014
ptje63

Post by ptje63 »

Ah thanks - did not know what search phrase to use... ;-)
Daltharin

Post by Daltharin »

Thanks for this epic thread!
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

All is listed as extra content for Allied Corps. Does it mean it's a base game too? where we can add (and play, of course) scenarii/campaign DLCs like for classical Panzer Corps? or Panzer Corps is the sole base game.
So, same question for Soviet Corps, I guess.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

ERISS wrote:All is listed as extra content for Allied Corps. Does it mean it's a base game too? where we can add (and play, of course) scenarii/campaign DLCs like for classical Panzer Corps? or Panzer Corps is the sole base game.
So, same question for Soviet Corps, I guess.
Yes Allied Corps, Afrika Korps, and Soviet Corps are all base games, that give you access to the other stuff you are asking about.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “Panzer Corps”