How many SE Units can I have?

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

evan748
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by evan748 »

Hey,

I'm unsure how SE units are obtained?

I was thinking mabye they were if you had less then the allowed core slots but i read here they are from decisive victories?

Could anyone clear this up for me please?

Thanks.

- Evan -
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Currently, if you have less than 3 SE units, you have a 30% chance to acquire an SE unit at the start of the next scenario, regardless of the result of the previous scenario.
evan748
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by evan748 »

Oh haha!

Thanks a lot for clearing that up for me.

I was about to start a campaign keeping my core below strength in hopes of getting some SE units =P

- Evan -
Adean
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Adean »

I am not shure, but I spoke with someone he told me that he got 4SE unit, but I am not 100percent shure
rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by rezaf »

I still hope the maximum number of SE units will be exposed to modding.
Any chance for that?
_____
rezaf
Longasc
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Longasc »

This thread is a fine example that SE units and how they are acquired could use some work.

It's definitely not top priority, I think some UI improvements are way more important but my thoughts on this anyways:

We know that they are assigned randomly and that people often use them to milk extra Prestige. (P.S. not criticizing that, that's up to you)
3 extra units early on are QUITE an advantage.
I know some might want the SE units just because of their grey color-scheme being replaced with the SS camouflage. ;)

My suggestion:
SE unit points awarded based on Minor Victory or Decisive Victory scores.
Buy your SE unit based on your point budget.
The SE unit points could be named "Merit points" or something like that.

Loss : 0 points
Minor Victory: 1 point
Major Victory: 2 points

Price of SE units:
Infantry - 3 points
Tanks - 4 points
Prototypes/High End Tanks - 5 points
Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Molve »

Longasc wrote:their grey color-scheme being replaced with the SS camouflage.
That's SE camouflage.

In order to be allowed for sale in certain markets (Germany) no mention is ever made of anything else than Special Elite "SE Units".

Otherwise, I agree that while the current implementation of SE units is a bit crude, they do work, and there are several other areas which I feel have a much higher priority on fixing.
Shrike
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Shrike »

Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a reduced probability to acquire SE units on Field Marshall difficulty level?
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

Shrike wrote:Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be a reduced probability to acquire SE units on Field Marshall difficulty level?
Not really no. During my campaign on FM (currently stuck in the USA invasion) i got like 5 SE units. Yes, i managed to lose two SE units ... happens if you have to go bold and rush to make the DV. :) So unless i am really lucky, which i am usually not, it is just the good old same randomness we love.
Amaranthus
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: How many SE Units can I have?

Post by Amaranthus »

I'm currently at Smolensk41 in DLC 41 and have 4 SE units in my core. Is that the limit for the 41 Grand Campaign? Does it go up to 5 in 42?
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Yes, as the player CORE continues to grow throughout the DLC campaigns, so does the limit on bonus SE units. DLC 1942 ups this number to 5, and DLC 1943 will up it to 6. DLC 1944 and 1945 may stop this trend and remain at 6, but that is yet to be determined.
2010sjones2010
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by 2010sjones2010 »

Just finished DLC 1943 with my five valuable SE slots attained. If you want a little tip - when you attain your new SE Unit ie infantry tank etc you may be disappointed that you received a tank instead of an infantry unit for example. So save the file and then reload your previous save and play the end of the scenario again. This will give you the opportunity for a different SE unit to 'spawn'. You keep doing this until you get the type of unit you want. Beware - this could take a few restarts as you dont always get an SE unit 'spawning' hence the need to save the initial file as you may get bored trying to get a different SE unit!!
BloodCat
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by BloodCat »

2010sjones2010 wrote:Just finished DLC 1943
DLC '43 West or '43 East? :wink:
2010sjones2010 wrote:So save the file and then reload your previous save and play the end of the scenario again. This will give you the opportunity for a different SE unit to 'spawn'.
Wow! Really? Never thought of that! Glorious! You're definitely the first PzC player who found this exploit! It should be named after you! :twisted:
Adean
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Adean »

I play DLC 42 now and I have 5 SE units.
Tima
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Tima »

Yes, I'm in DLC 41 and have four SE units. Three tanks and a infantry unit. I'd like to know if there is anything special about these units aside from receiving them for free and they expand your slot allotment. Do they have extra attack or experience capabilities?

Going off topic, I know somewhere their is a chart showing the main games scenario chart and where you go depending on Decisive Victory, Marginal Victory, or Loss. I ask this because I'm at the Lake Balaton battle and want to know if you win a Decisive Victory do you go anywhere other than the battle of Berlin. Can someone give me a link to find out if its worth playing the scenario over and over again to get a Decisive Victory and maybe get a second chance at attacking Moscow or am I doomed to fight the battle of Berlin regardless.
Vaughn
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Vaughn »

If I remember correct, besides not taking up a core slot, SE units have an additional +1 attack and a +1 ammo.

The drawback is that they have a -1 defense.
agandaur88

Post by agandaur88 »

SE are SS right?
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

No ,the SE are not SS

Per the devs: "There is no SS in Panzer Corps"

They had to take this stance due to certain laws in Europe.
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
VonHob

Post by VonHob »

Does anyone know if the extra attack and ammo is true for SE units? I thought that they were just the same really.

Since they are Special equipment, elite units, then I think that they should get some sort of additional benefit like maybe the next step in the equipment tree upwards. eg. Panzer IVD for heer units, IVE for SE units. Since they are elite as well, then they should start with one star too.
Aloo
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Aloo »

VonHob wrote:Does anyone know if the extra attack and ammo is true for SE units? I thought that they were just the same really.

Since they are Special equipment, elite units, then I think that they should get some sort of additional benefit like maybe the next step in the equipment tree upwards. eg. Panzer IVD for heer units, IVE for SE units. Since they are elite as well, then they should start with one star too.
In PZIIIN and PZIIIL the difference is hard attack and ammo (+1 for both stats for SE units). No difference in defence.

Return to “Panzer Corps”