Experience rate??

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

JatMan
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Experience rate??

Post by JatMan »

Experience is obviously gained by (successful?) combat. What governs the rate at which it's gained? Number of kills? Types of units killed (e.g.: taking out later model Panzer merits more exp. than taking out equal number of basic infantry?)? Does attack merit more than defense?

What determines how much is gained during combat??

:?: :?:
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Yes, you gain experience for each kill, and the more formidable opponent you face, the more xp you will get for killing him. So your units will gain experience faster if they face enemies with better equipment or higher experience.
verstaubtgesicht
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Experience rate??

Post by verstaubtgesicht »

Is there a formula?
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

verstaubtgesicht wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:46 am Is there a formula?
Thanks Captain for pointing out that link which led me to this link.

I was thinking something like that which is why I was really surprised that I still have not been able to get 3 Stars on my PzIB.

I think my problem has been suppressing the crap out of the enemy to allow the PzIB to finish off. This just does not garner that much exp and I cannot attack hard units because PzIb has no HA strength. I think I will hold back my PzIB on most scenario's and possibly bring him out for Stalingrad Docks and Stalingrad Ruins to take advantage of the lack of sight from the enemy to draw them into traps.

I know a PzIb with enemies having 4 extra Strength sounds crazy but with 2 to 3 arty back up makes for a great enemy trap.

Thoughts, and if anybody has a formula I would love to see it?
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by hugh2711 »

verst....... & goose_2:
in this thread rudankort gives and explains the formula for gaining experience
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72079&p=606479&hi ... ce#p606479
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

The formula explains why AA struggles so much to gain experience once it gets to about 3* (at which point enemy aircraft tend to stop attacking it). If it's doing its job properly (defending adjacent units or weakening enemy aircraft formations) no return fire is possible. So to gain experience, you have to leave your units exposed to ground attack, which most AA have no or limited capacity for. That's a bit of a major flaw, when you consider that artillery and strat bombers gain huge amounts of experience whether the target returns fire or not. It would have been better to have AA gain credit for doing its job, and to allow it credit for hits. Plus maybe slowing down the experience gain rate for strat bombers and artillery.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

I have found that is why using 88's are so mandatory...when I played at Field Marshall I would obliterate entire wings of their air I mean one shot and not gain a single point...so using it as an AT get's you the necessary return fire and as such needed experience. It took until deep 45 to get that elusive 5th star...I am not sure I will be able to get anywhere near 5 stars on my new super hard playthrough
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
ptje63
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by ptje63 »

In Afrika Korps its easy to get the 88s get experience - use two of them in the (whats it called scenario), I think 5th or so, to crunch the bunkers on the north and south in AT mode.
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

For the grand campaign at higher levels of experience I've noticed, due to the math and rounding, it gets to the point where it's simply a matter of any combat is +1 xp. So if the unit isn't fighting on most turns they won't get to 5-stars.

Return to “Panzer Corps”