Initial comments (feel free to dump yours in here too I gues

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Initial comments (feel free to dump yours in here too I gues

Post by MrsWargamer »

First things first, install is sooooo easy. Under 2 minutes.

Second, the opening visual, very nicely done gentlemen, I really enjoyed watching it.

Played the first tutorial battle and kicked butt easily (no reason to boast I suppose though :)). The point though, is the interface is very user friendly. At least I say so.

Running on my Windows 7 64 bit using bland laptop has been ok. But the game hardly looks like a contender for making most anything work hard.

Very happy.
MajVonRyan
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by MajVonRyan »

Very nice, it looks great, has a good interface, looking forward to playing to a campaign :D :D :D
kludger
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Looks great

Post by kludger »

Initial impressions are great, the game looks beautiful at 1920x1080 and the music and narration is great...

As a bonus the semi-windowed 1024x768 support tested great playing from my iPad2 using Splashtop Remote, so I will be able to play this while sitting on the couch watching TV or in bed.

Looking forward to spending many hours with Panzer Corps.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

"iPad2 using Splashtop Remote"

Can you expand on that comment for a non iPad owner curious to know if you were playing this PC game on a non PC device?

I do not know of this splashtop remote either.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

2nd tutorial and I need to pay more attention. That win was clumsy. They were overly kind in my review I think :)
IIntrude
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by IIntrude »

DSWargamer wrote:"iPad2 using Splashtop Remote"

Can you expand on that comment for a non iPad owner curious to know if you were playing this PC game on a non PC device?

Its a program you put on your PC and you iPad that allows you to access your PC from your iPad. So you run the game on your PC, then goto your iPad and access your PC via Splashtop and viola, you can play PC on your ipad. It works much like Logmein does for PC to PC use.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

I only got to go through two scenarios in the tutorial – I should have taken that sick day today, but nooooooo I’m at work.
Obviously I haven’t got into all the improvements since PG yet but did notice enough of them that I greatly enjoyed. I also have not heard any of it yet – that work thing again, need to keep the game quiet. Wow I can’t wait until I get home tonight. Loving it so far - It was just like coming home to an old friend.
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

IIntrude wrote:

Its a program you put on your PC and you iPad that allows you to access your PC from your iPad. So you run the game on your PC, then goto your iPad and access your PC via Splashtop and viola, you can play PC on your ipad. It works much like Logmein does for PC to PC use.
Thanks, I thought that was the deal. Guess that is now a positive in favour of the iPad :)

What is the range of the effect? Within wireless range of your system I suppose? Needs a wireless router in the equation?
kludger

Post by kludger »

DSWargamer wrote:
IIntrude wrote:

Thanks, I thought that was the deal. Guess that is now a positive in favour of the iPad :)

What is the range of the effect? Within wireless range of your system I suppose? Needs a wireless router in the equation?
Yes Splashtop Remote works great for playing nonfullscreen PC and Mac games like this on the same wireless network (and even streaming video) and it does have an internet access feature but I have never tried it, not sure what the added Internet latency would do to the mouse control games.
Jajusha
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Jajusha »

I love the branching campaign!

And i love how the AI has subtle variations from game to game. Played the Poland scenario about 5 times now and haven't yet faced a "seen that before" kind of situation.
PatrickStar

Post by PatrickStar »

Just a short question: where is the "restart scenario" button? please do not say that you didn´t integrate one. :cry:
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

PatrickStar wrote:Just a short question: where is the "restart scenario" button? please do not say that you didn´t integrate one. :cry:
I hate to bring bad news, but "restart scenario" option did not make it into 1.0. We'll try to integrate it in the first patch. For now, your best bet is to save the game at the beginning of a battle, so that you have a fallback.
PatrickStar

Post by PatrickStar »

Wow - very fast answer. Thx! :D

Ok, not really a big problem. As you said, i will save at the scenario at the beginning, so i can try different strategies. Just let me say one more thing: The game is absolutely excellent and the level of difficult perfect. A worthy Panzer General successor.
berndN
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by berndN »

Very first impressions:
Install was flawless but it would be great to sign the installer exe. Would tell users if the download is damaged.
Why does the "game launcher" ask for write access as the game seems to store it's settings to my games.

OK but starting the game I see a nice UI. Finding the tutorial was a bit of a hunt but I tried the play button and the tutorials start. So far I have played 3 tutorials and like that my stuff is carried over from tutorial to tutorial. Like the tips as they help me get into the game. Not read the manual but checked it and it looked great but first wanted to play the game.

At the moment I like it very much. Looking forward.

Thanks for this !
SAS
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by SAS »

Fantastic so far, easy download and install, what a cinch! Now to battle!!
Vasquez
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Vasquez »

funny so far.

a bit disappointed that the units have only one facing (direction wise).
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Two, actually. Left and right, and the facing can change mid-scenario if any enemy is engaged from the appropriate side. :)
CaptCarnage

Post by CaptCarnage »

I like it.
Love the explosions :)

I think I am gonna get the Angry Bird syndrome here. Yes, it's similar to Angry Bird (which is very much a turn-based tactical game). I am gonna keep on playing until I get decisives on every mission (like the 3 stars in AB).
Ryben
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Ryben »

Does anybody experience a small delay when clicking with the right button over a unit? the "waiting" icon of windows appears for 0.3 seconds or so each time. Not very serious issue but a bit annoying.
MikeAP
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by MikeAP »

I'd like a way to re-name or custom-name units.

Return to “Panzer Corps”