Fantasy General

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

dsk2293
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Fantasy General

Post by dsk2293 »

Just curious if you have thought about making a Fantasy game with this engine. FG was (is) a pretty popular game.

Or will you leave it to the modders? :)
Pikeaddict
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Pikeaddict »

Fantasy General was my favourite in the family !

Jerome
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We're focussing on PC for now :)
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

We can only hope for dragons and heroes once again... I do miss the old fantasy general some times....
borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by borsook79 »

Have you tried Fantasy Wars and Elven Legacy? This series is like Fantasy General remake in 3d....
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

I tried it. Likly a good game in its own right, however I dont feel it fit the bill for a fantasy general replacement. Didnt have an epic feel, too "mission based", roleplayee for my personal tastes... Also not enough unit variety .

Tech wise I had some major issues as well, the camera angles were exasperating and I hated how they had FOW literally mean hexes outside your units spotting range had to be "foggy" The system spces for a turn based game were outragious... I mean i have an aging PC, but I can play Medieval TW2 on large unit settings, average graphics and can play some pretty large battles w/o lag. EL, after playing the game for over 1/2 an hour my fans were screaming and my onboard pc temp was starting to red line.... Yikes
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

TheGrayMouser wrote:I tried it. Likly a good game in its own right, however I dont feel it fit the bill for a fantasy general replacement. Didnt have an epic feel, too "mission based", roleplayee for my personal tastes... Also not enough unit variety .

Tech wise I had some major issues as well, the camera angles were exasperating and I hated how they had FOW literally mean hexes outside your units spotting range had to be "foggy" The system spces for a turn based game were outragious... I mean i have an aging PC, but I can play Medieval TW2 on large unit settings, average graphics and can play some pretty large battles w/o lag. EL, after playing the game for over 1/2 an hour my fans were screaming and my onboard pc temp was starting to red line.... Yikes
Hmm the view can be regulated, so that you can even play it top-down like FG. As for performance - I play it on my netbook and it works much faster than MTW2, maybe a driver issue. Anyway of course it is not FG, but it is inspired, same like PC is not a clone of PG...
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Hmm, i did play around with the angles, maybe i should revisit.... The game is still on my hardrive (all three gigs of it LOL)

Return to “Panzer Corps”