Favorite Hero combinations.

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

stormbringer3
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Favorite Hero combinations.

Post by stormbringer3 »

I'm curious as to some of the favorite Hero combinations others have. I'm excluding Special Heroes. I don't have any 3 Hero units yet but lots of twos. One of my current favotites is a +2 movement Grenadier. 0ne reason I'm asking is to learn about great combinations.
Thanks for any opinions.
proline
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Re: Favorite Hero combinations.

Post by proline »

A 12.8 cm flak with +1 range and +1 movement is a sight to behold. When you factor in its movement, it can annihilate anything that comes within 6(!) hexes of it, 127 hexes in total! Basically it can protect an entire army from one spot. Since it can do that from well behind the lines, out of range of artillery and immune to air attack, I can over strength it to 12-15 knowing it will never take damage and let it one-shot anything from the enemy's most damaging fighters (Yak 9Us, P-47s, Tempests), to armored bombers like the Shurmovik, to the hard to hit level bombers.

This hero combo is also great for the 88 of course, but I feel like a unit that powerful should be overstrengthed and protected which means I'm not going to send it to the front lines in AT role which means I might as well get the attack upgrade. The upgraded attack of the 12.8 doesn't matter much against fighters, but its huge against bombers.
hugh2711
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by hugh2711 »

I would have to say there are two I look forward to and depend on the most as above a flak with exra range and secondly a wurfrahmen with extra range, they are soooo useful. I actually once in afrika corps had two wurfrahmen with 2 extra ranges each, that was just wierd.
proline

Post by proline »

I would also add a Panther or jagd Panther with +3 Defense. These two units are so much more fun to play than their equivalents, the Tiger and Elefant. They are respectively faster, hit harder, and have more ammo and fuel. However, compared to their equivalents they come out later and have shitty defense meaning that they just aren't cost effective to use. However, a +3 defense hero makes them viable.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

My +2 Movement 88 has been incredibly effective and now has a +2 Attack 3rd hero.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Panzerpimp
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Panzerpimp »

For me It's +Attack/+Movement combination. (Or just attack)
I feel more confident having a unit that is mobile and able to one shot some annoying enemy units.
The only problem with such units is overconfidence of the player. :oops:
Make love, not war.
proline

Post by proline »

Panzerpimp wrote:For me It's +Attack/+Movement combination. (Or just attack)
I feel more confident having a unit that is mobile and able to one shot some annoying enemy units.
The only problem with such units is overconfidence of the player. :oops:
Correct. Move heroes make a huge difference on units with a move value of 1 or 2, or on slow heavy tanks like the Tiger 2 or jagd Tiger. However, put them on any other unit that already has a movement value of 3+ and it starts becoming tempting to let that unit get too far ahead of your main army. Put simply, too much move is actually dangerous. In PzC, fast units can move much farther than their sight radius meaning your army is always vulnerable to being hit by unseen enemies. Recon is totally ineffective as recon units die in one shot to any armored unit that comes out in 1943 or later, use up valuable deployment slots, and don't actually have much more sight than regular units. In general, you do best keeping your units together in 2 or so big armies for most scenarios and as long as a unit can keep up with the ball it doesn't have to be a speed demon. That's why Elefants are so overpowered despite their slowness.
AnalogGamer
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by AnalogGamer »

I would have to say the best I have seen are a +2 range Wurfie, and the Movement/Defense combo on Panther; which let's him stick his nose out without getting it chopped off.

+2 range on anything is an incredible boost though. The German railroad guns in the USA have a wonderful time.

Initiative/Movement in Pioneers makes for some SS-like behavior.

Return to “Panzer Corps”