Join the Spring Clash Tournament for Battle of the Bulge!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Join the Spring Clash Tournament for Battle of the Bulge!

Post by AlbertoC »

Ah, spring! The perfect season for love, gardening, sport, and vanquishing your enemies in the new BATTLE OF THE BULGE SPRING CLASH TOURNAMENT!

It's true, we are launching a new tournament for Battle of the Bulge, a real Shenandoah classic. The last one was an exciting event, and we want to top that. Three ruthless rounds to determine who is going to be the champion of the Spring Clash (who, by the way, will win a voucher for our store).

What are you waiting for? Join the tournament now!

The tournament will start with the first round next Monday April 3rd at 12 pm CET / 11 am GMT / 6 am EST, it will make use of our automatic PBEM++ Tournament system, therefore we'll use the Swiss tournament rules. It'll last three rounds - each player will have exactly 4 days of time to submit the entirety of their turns for the match. Each round will last exactly 10 days, after which the next round will begin. At the end of the third round, the player at the first position in the ranking will be proclaimed champion!

duncanrice
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Join the Spring Clash Tournament for Battle of the Bulge

Post by duncanrice »

I joined up the tournament. I'm not sure how the format works though. Will we be playing one game at a time or multiple? How are the sides and scenario decided?
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

duncanrice wrote:I joined up the tournament. I'm not sure how the format works though. Will we be playing one game at a time or multiple? How are the sides and scenario decided?
You'll be playing paired matches against the same opponent, with a different opponent every round. The map is always the same every round, the Battle of the Bulge map.
WyleyCoyote
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by WyleyCoyote »

I have just completed my Round #Two matches and I'm looking forward to Round #Three. This is my very first Tournament..anywhere/any game..so initially I found the Swiss Rules a little frustrating, especially as my (possibly younger :) ) opponent(s) took their final moves of the day after I'd retired to my bed for the night. But having said that, 96 hours to complete all my moves appeared to be ample, even allowing for the lost hours during a nights sleep.

I am still struggling to understand or make sense of either the Scoreboard or the Points system. Currently on the Scoreboard "Round#1 Scores" is showing my Round#2 scores. Then on "Current Round#2" the "Round#2 Scores" is showing my Round#1 scores and vice versa. :?

I sort of understand that the scoring starts at 20-20 for each competitor and shifts by a percentage as the game progresses...but is that percentage based on per day, VP points or a combination of both :?:

I did read a previous explanation elsewhere on the Forum but it was based on a lesser number of days in the scenario and has still left me confused.

Other than that...all's well. :D
WyleyCoyote

Post by WyleyCoyote »

Logged into the Tournaments page on the website today (19th April) and..WOW...what an improvement. Thanks guys. :D
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Glad you like it - we're really pushing the tournament system over the next few months :)

Return to “News & Announcements”