FoG R @ Milton Keynes Wargames Society

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, FOGR Design

quackstheking
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

FoG R @ Milton Keynes Wargames Society

Post by quackstheking »

Now that FoGR is starting to get widely established, a number of guys at the Milton Keynes Club (me included!) have picked up the FoGR bug and games can now be regularly seen at the club. Having been a former Gush Renaissance player, the feel of FoGR is brilliant and forces the player to play very historically - the table really looks like a Renaissance battle!!

So if anyone is looking for FoGR games or wants to learn more about it but don't have any figures and would like to try, please feel free to come along to the club - we're a friendly bunch and on a normal night there are at least 12-15 games being played covering DBMM, FoW, FOG, FOGR, WAB Fantasy, Lasalle, POW etc etc (if I've missed any out apologies).

We meet Thursday Evenings at the York House Youth Centre, London Road, Stony Stratford, nr Milton Keynes. The meetings begin at 7.00pm and end at 11.00pm. Our website is http://www.mkws.org.uk/

So if you want regular FoGR opponents or want to learn what all the fuss is about, come along one Thursday or feel free to contact myself or Jim Gibson (gibby) through here so we can arrange a game for you. :D

Don Avis
timmy1
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by timmy1 »

Don

Wish I was in striking range of MK. Still trying to pursuade my club to give it a try.
quackstheking

Post by quackstheking »

Don't worry Tim - I'm sure they'll see the light soon!!

I live in Cheshunt Herts - technically closer to Chelmesford than MK!!!
WayneH
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by WayneH »

I'm in Northampton are you using 15mm or 25mm?
quackstheking

Post by quackstheking »

We mainly play 15mm but at least two of us (Jim Gibson and myself) have 25mm armies and others have 25mm that just require rebasing. It is our intention to do an ECW relight in 25mm next year.

Between us we have armies from every book in 15mm - indeed Jim and I are playing a 15mm Early Ottoman vs Austrian Imperial tonight in Northampton (Little Billing).

If you want to come to the club just let me know and we'll sort out a game for you or if you're interested in coming along on 15th December, we're playing a 5 a side ECW game (all figures supplied) so that other club members who have expressed an interest in playing FoGR can have a game to learn the rules and mechanics. You would be more than welcome - let me know.

Don
WayneH

Post by WayneH »

Thanks for the invite I will definitely pop over some time in the future. I started painting renaissance figures donkeys years ago I used the Gush WRG rules but stopped playing when the new rules came out I decided to bring everything up to strength.

My figures are mail 16th century I used to play Tudor English their he ones pictured in the lists and Spanish imperialist (main army) I've just finished off my Landsknechts and are currently bring their spanish allies up to strength. I've also started a turkish army to utilise the figures I have for my late period ancients army.

Look forward to catching up some time in the future
Wayne

Return to “Opponent Finder”