Cannot manually download from Members Area

Having problems with the download service? Need help ordering from the Slitherine shop? Tell us your problems and we'll do what we can to help!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Cannot manually download from Members Area

Post by jomni »

Issue 1: When using Chrome, the login page of the Members Area flickers so I cannot input anything in the input boxes. It works in IE and Edge.
Issue 2: When downloading stuff (in IE and Edge) it just loads but does not download. I already turned off pop-up blocker and still the same.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Cannot manually download from Members Area

Post by zakblood »

works fine for me, and i use chrome version Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) which is with windows 10

so check the firewall and popup blocker and or AV program log files and see if any of them are stopping it

again i use the default windows defender and firewall on the net pc and use chromes ABP for a pop up blocker etc, and downloads from the members area work fine here so can't reproduce, but will pass on all the same.

depending on what AV program you use, 9 out of 10 times it's that or the firewall blocking the login script or download
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

I finally know why. It's my VPN extension. Even if I don't turn on the VPN, the mere presence of an extension messes up the Members page ("I'm not a robot" captcha goes crazy).
It also prevents downloads.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

yes seen it before, it's another background process that is hardly noticed until it stops something like this, glad your sorted and at least figured out with the issue with on your own
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

VPN chrome extension disabled now (not just turned off) unless I really need it.
Kevin08
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Kevin08 »

I'm having the same issue guys. I think my issue is with popup blocker.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

i use one built into chrome and then use ABP pro, which also lets me see what's blocked and add it to a safe list, then nothing is stopped for what i need to view, so again errors on users end and not sites, so not alot site can do to alter that i'm sorry to say, users issue again.

sometimes either AV or pop up blockers do interfere with the downloads process, so either a rule needs adding to the program on the users side or disabling when downloading from the members section,...
SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by SirGarnet »

I have a devil of a time trying to locate the FOG2 support thread I posted in after the new site business broke the game startup so I turn here as my problem is not having the means to follow the procedure recommended.

The solution listed below is forestalled by my not having anything downloadable as stated.
My opposing players will probably think I abandoned their games for no reason.

The Members area is the "members" link that goes to my games and registration information. Where would I find the installer? I see some few games have "downloads" but not FOG2.

When I click on the FOG 2 it wants a serial entered rather than providing it. No indication on this page of an installer or where it might be found. It appears I may also need my codes again. So no path forward on re-installation without these missing items.
3. Install the game
4. When asked to insert the serial number, please click in the drop down menu "Select a New Product to Install... " and select "Field of Glory II".
Type your "Field of Glory"serial number.
5. Click in the button "Check Serial".
You should see then the name "Field of Glory" being added to the list of games displayed in the box named "Setup as detected a valid serial number for:
6. Do the same in step 4 and 5 for unlocking all your other DLCs. Sorry for the typos, I should have slept last night but for this
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I've registered the serial number of the base game in your account.
Check the link below for on how to download from the Member's Area:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4290024

Return to “Online Ordering & Support”