Can't access Steam key (WitE) / Matrix account locked

Having problems with the download service? Need help ordering from the Slitherine shop? Tell us your problems and we'll do what we can to help!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

sentinelle
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Can't access Steam key (WitE) / Matrix account locked

Post by sentinelle »

Yesterday I purchased WitE and its DLC.

My intention has been to play on Steam but I heard that I could buy from the Matrix store and get a DRM free key and also get a Steam key so I came here.

When I registered WitE main game on Matrix store I couldn't find a Steam key anywhere. Then I found that you can only get Steam keys by registering with a Slitherine account on the Slitherine website. This should be clearly explained on the store buying page but there is zero info about this that I have seen.

Then when I attempted to activate the key on Slitherine it says that the key has already been used. So now there is no way for me to get a Steam key at all.

To make matters worse, I sent a helpdesk ticket and now my Matrix account has been locked out so I can't even download the updates etc. so that I can play the game.

So far there has been no response from customer support, I guess they are off for the weekend then?

My weekend play time is ticking away and I have nothing to show for it. Just looking for a refund at this point.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Can't access Steam key (WitE) / Matrix account locked

Post by zakblood »

yes it can be slower at weekends for tickets, but they do get answered as soon as they come in, but in order they arrive, so please wait, it will be sorted and sorry for your issue

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 58&t=72513

so the above doesn't work for you then?

as registered at either place is the same, as it's a joint logging for both
sentinelle

Post by sentinelle »

No it didn't work last night. Now my Matrix account is locked out so I can't try right now. This is my Slitherine account.

My Matrix account was made before the combined accounts with Slitherine happened. I have merged my accounts (Matrix+Slitherine) but it still doesn't work.

This whole account merging business is very confusing. I honestly have no idea how it's supposed to work.

If it had been clearly noted on the store page that you must register your game with a Slitherine account to get a Steam key I probably could have avoided any problems.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

this is how it should work in the link below, but if it doesn't you have already done the best thing and opened a support ticket as that's staff full support, so hopefully won't be long for a reply

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 58&t=79395
sentinelle

Post by sentinelle »

zakblood_slith wrote:this is how it should work in the link below, but if it doesn't you have already done the best thing and opened a support ticket as that's staff full support, so hopefully won't be long for a reply

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 58&t=79395
It looks like there is an account consolidation issue.

I have now received an email from the support staff.

Thanks for your help.
sentinelle

Post by sentinelle »

The support staff consolidated my accounts.

Everything is working as intended now.

Thanks again.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

glad your sorted, knew it must have been something not straight forward as it normally not as long process etc, now enjoy the game

Return to “Online Ordering & Support”