Boxed Upgrade x2 Purchases: Astronomic Shipping?

Having problems with the download service? Need help ordering from the Slitherine shop? Tell us your problems and we'll do what we can to help!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

JTenebrous
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Boxed Upgrade x2 Purchases: Astronomic Shipping?

Post by JTenebrous »

Hi, I just purchased a handful of titles to take advantage of the last day of the Christmas sale. Two of these titles were Gary Grisby's War in the West and the new Strategic Command WWII. I was really hoping to purchase the hardcopy manuals for both of these games, so I chose "boxed" upgrade for each as I thought the price of £13 each was reasonable. But as soon as I got to the shipment info screen, I noticed the only option was USPS shipping for £39! YIKES!!! Slitherine is a UK company, I live in the UK - why is US Postal Service the only shipping option at £39? That's way more than the books themselves. Needless to say, I've now had to cancel that option... £65 for 2 game manuals, inclusive, is a far cry from what I was expecting. Was this some kind of mistake? Is there are way now that I can order one or both of these manuals with good 'ol Royal Mail shipping?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Boxed Upgrade x2 Purchases: Astronomic Shipping?

Post by zakblood »

you'd need to contact support as i have no information on what can or what can't be done i'm sorry to say

please contact support[at]slitherine.co.uk
JTenebrous

Post by JTenebrous »

Thank you - I've contacted them.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I am sorry for the cost of the shipping but unfortunately the shipping charge is correct. These ship from Portland in the US but this is what our supplier charges us.
We are looking into this to try to reduce this but there is not a date when this will be changed, if it even can be. At the moment this is the only charge available.
I'm sorry for this. We have added the game to our US and UK Amazon stores, so if this is still in stock then you may find this to be more suitable.
You can find more information on this forum thread:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4182821

Return to “Online Ordering & Support”