DOWNLOAD LINK DOES NOT WORK!!!

Having problems with the download service? Need help ordering from the Slitherine shop? Tell us your problems and we'll do what we can to help!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

lettow
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

DOWNLOAD LINK DOES NOT WORK!!!

Post by lettow »

In my email when I click on "Your Download Link" a new tab opens with NOTHING BUT A MESSAGE IN TEXT!!!! NO DOWNLOAD!!!!
The text reads
"Thank you for purchasing the Wolves from the Sea expansion for Field of Glory. Wolves from the Sea requires you to have version 2.4.01 or later of the base game installed on your system.
Unzip and install the latest version of Field of Glory. After updating the game, open it and click on "Serial Numbers" to activate Wolves from the Sea.
After it is confirmed the content of Wolves from the Sea will be unlocked.
If you have any problems please report them to the Field of Glory forum at www.slitherine.com/forum
You can find your serial number in your order confirmation mail.
Enjoy the game!"

THERE IS NO DOWNLOAD!!!!
What is up with this incompetence???!!!
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: DOWNLOAD LINK DOES NOT WORK!!!

Post by VPaulus »

I wonder, if you have read the message...
You don't need to download any file. You just need the serial number to unlock the campaign.
Ensure that you have Field of Glory (the base game) Unity version installed and run it. Click on "Serial Numbers" and insert the serial number (provided in the email) to activate Wolves from the Sea.
lettow

Post by lettow »

If I don't need to download a file then why does the email I received say download all over it?
The subject line- "Field of Glory - Wolves from the Sea - - PC / Mac Download (U) Order Information" says download.

In the email three different sentences refer to download.
"Your download link: https://www.bluesnap.com/jsp/dlapp.jsp? ... 0C64207354"
Why would I receive a download link when I don't need to download any file as your reply states?

Your download link is valid for 14 days. Please download it before your link expires or you will have to request a new one.
Why would my download link expire if you don't need to download any file as your reply states?

Does Slitherine just use old form emails for downloads with products that don't need to download any file as your reply states just to confuse people who read English?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

The message states:
"Thank you for purchasing the Wolves from the Sea expansion for Field of Glory. Wolves from the Sea requires you to have version 2.4.01 or later of the base game installed on your system.
Unzip and install the latest version of Field of Glory. After updating the game, open it and click on "Serial Numbers" to activate Wolves from the Sea.
After it is confirmed the content of Wolves from the Sea will be unlocked.
If you have any problems please report them to the Field of Glory forum at http://www.slitherine.com/forum
You can find your serial number in your order confirmation mail.
Enjoy the game!
"
Can you please suggest how we can make it more clear?
lettow

Post by lettow »

Vaulus,
I would be glad to tell you how to "make it more clear."
1st- How does a person find out the version of their game?
2nd-The email says version 2.4.01, but when I contacted Joe at support his email said I need unity version 2.502
So to make it clearer why don't you have one correct message to tell your paying customers who need support which version is correct and where to find it?

Now I followed this link provided by Joe at support. http://fs.slitherine.com/data/public/707369.php
I downloaded the version 2.502 version of the game and installed it.
I then entered the serial number for my Wolves from the Sea purchase and nothing happened. The game simply says "authenticating" and something about Hashing Data.
I think entered a serial number from my previous purchase Decline and Fall and again nothing happened.

On top of that my old version 1 of the game does not open and all of my extensions are gone.

So please let me know how to get the Wolves from the Sea to load so I can play it.
Also, please let me know how to get back my older version one of Field of Glory and my previous extensions that are all now inaccessible.

Then tell my what I did wrong on Christmas day when I went to buy an extension of a game I love and ended up 24 hours later with nothing left from years of purchases that I can play.

I await you making it more clear.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

lettow wrote: 1st- How does a person find out the version of their game?
Like most games and in the old version of the game, that information is on the game main menu screen. It's in the bottom left of the main menu screen.
lettow wrote: 2nd-The email says version 2.4.01, but when I contacted Joe at support his email said I need unity version 2.502"
It says 2.4.01 or later.
lettow wrote: I downloaded the version 2.502 version of the game and installed it.
I then entered the serial number for my Wolves from the Sea purchase and nothing happened. The game simply says "authenticating" and something about Hashing Data.
I think entered a serial number from my previous purchase Decline and Fall and again nothing happened. "
You'll see if an expansion was activated on the bottom left of the game main menu. It's just like the old version.
lettow wrote: On top of that my old version 1 of the game does not open and all of my extensions are gone.
We will be happy to help you in troubleshooting your issue.
Please contact support[at]slitherine.co.uk. I believe you have already done so.
lettow wrote: So please let me know how to get the Wolves from the Sea to load so I can play it.
Also, please let me know how to get back my older version one of Field of Glory and my previous extensions that are all now inaccessible.
Once more, contact support[at]slitherine.co.uk and we will help you.
lettow

Post by lettow »

My game lists FOG, ROR, SOA, IFR, SAS, LTR, ETE, BP1, OFE, OFL, and LSC, but the only choices highlighted are "serial number" and "quit."
I cannot play any games.

I've contacted support yesterday about this issue without a response.

Return to “Online Ordering & Support”