Wish they made an Alexander the Great or Caesar or other ancient title w/this Engine

Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War is a new and innovative turn-based strategy game that puts you in command of the Carthaginian military during a period of total war over land and sea with the young Roman Republic.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

amarok23
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Wish they made an Alexander the Great or Caesar or other ancient title w/this Engine

Post by amarok23 »

Feeling nostalgic for this one - this was such a great engine, and a great, great game!!

What a shame they never made another Ancient's title with it - ideally Alexander the Great or Caesar, I know I would've played it for 100's of hours (as I played this one).

Victory or Glory, the developers follow-up title, while being a fine game, never really struck me with nearly the same passion and conviction as Hannibal vs. Carthage.

Seems like a wasted opportunity.

But then maybe I am biased toward Ancient Era games - the Tin Soldiers Series... and Spartan/Gates of Troy... are also all time favorites -

it really is a neglected time period (and not just by Slitherine) -

I am very, very excited though by the Field of Glory Empires title!! - though I do wish it didn't require importing/exporting to/and from FoG2 -

I don't know, it sounds like kind of a headache - and at least for me, I'm afraid it will kind of break the immersion.

I'm sure I'll still get it upon eventual release, and play it alot and love, but still the extra step will be kind of... frustrating -

I wish there could be/would be a way that Empires could detect you had FoG2 and directly import/export the battles - who knows... maybe someday!

- Tom (amarok)
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Wish they made an Alexander the Great or Caesar or other ancient title w/this Engine

Post by Paul59 »

amarok23 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:59 pm Feeling nostalgic for this one - this was such a great engine, and a great, great game!!

What a shame they never made another Ancient's title with it - ideally Alexander the Great or Caesar, I know I would've played it for 100's of hours (as I played this one).

Victory or Glory, the developers follow-up title, while being a fine game, never really struck me with nearly the same passion and conviction as Hannibal vs. Carthage.

Seems like a wasted opportunity.

But then maybe I am biased toward Ancient Era games - the Tin Soldiers Series... and Spartan/Gates of Troy... are also all time favorites -

it really is a neglected time period (and not just by Slitherine) -

I am very, very excited though by the Field of Glory Empires title!! - though I do wish it didn't require importing/exporting to/and from FoG2 -

I don't know, it sounds like kind of a headache - and at least for me, I'm afraid it will kind of break the immersion.

I'm sure I'll still get it upon eventual release, and play it alot and love, but still the extra step will be kind of... frustrating -

I wish there could be/would be a way that Empires could detect you had FoG2 and directly import/export the battles - who knows... maybe someday!

- Tom (amarok)
You don't need FOG2 to play Empires!

Empires has it's own built in battle resolution system. When a battle occurs you have the choice to resolve it in Empires, or export it to FOG2.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Re: Wish they made an Alexander the Great or Caesar or other ancient title w/this Engine

Post by Paul59 »

Also, the exporting/importing of battles between Empires and FOG2 is very simple and streamlined. If you want, you can choose to close Empires and start FOG2 with one click, and vice versa.

Importing the battle from the other game is also just one click, there is no searching through save files to find the right battle.

But, as I said in the previous post, you do not need to play a battle in FOG2 at all.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.

Return to “Hannibal: Rome and Carthage”