How replayable is the game?

Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War is a new and innovative turn-based strategy game that puts you in command of the Carthaginian military during a period of total war over land and sea with the young Roman Republic.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

How replayable is the game?

Post by Sabratha »

Heya. I will probably get one more Slitherine game this winter due to the promotion. I am hesitating between "Hannibal: Rome and Carthage" and getting "Swords&Scimitars" from the field of glory series.

I like field of glory, but I already purchased the packs with the periods that I find interesting (since "Swifter than eagles" is not available).

So, wanted to ask those who own this game, hw replayable is it?
gollummen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: How replayable is the game?

Post by gollummen »

I bought this game when it was launched and I still come back to it from time to time.
I like to play around with different tactics.
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Re: How replayable is the game?

Post by Sabratha »

Well, played a demo and while I don't think its a bad game, the scope, scale and the fact that you can only play one side make it somewhat small. I'd probably buy it for 12 USD or so, but at the current price of 26 USD its not really all that accessible. At the same price I could get two "Field of Glory" Packs or the "Alea Jacta Est- Parthian Wars" at 20 USD.

So yeah, I am not saying this to complain, but rather as customer feedback. In this case the price vs scope&amount of features ratio makes me decide in favor of something else.

Return to “Hannibal: Rome and Carthage”