Great game!

Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War is a new and innovative turn-based strategy game that puts you in command of the Carthaginian military during a period of total war over land and sea with the young Roman Republic.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

gollummen
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Great game!

Post by gollummen »

I bought Hannibal a week ago and I have been hooked since!

The game is quite simple, but has a great board game feel to it.

The game map is made in a strangely beautiful style and I must say that the game developer really has guts to try such a unique look, and he really pulled it off.

The AI is also very good. In the beginning of the war I find the roman commanders quite willing to go toe to toe with Hannibal, but after taking some good beating, they hide or go after Spain/Africa.
The system with electing the roman commanders works well and you never know if the AI will act defensively or charge to Africa.

All in a great game!

If you should change something it would be nice if you could see the remaining recruits in each province. I have never played the board version, but in that version it must be easy to see how many units there are left to recruit.
Maybe it should also be possible to play on even if Hannibal is killed?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for feedback and gald you are enjoying it. The active forum for this game is really over at Matrix our partner so check that out for tactics and tips and to give suggestions for improvements.
massina_nz
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Great game!

Post by massina_nz »

gollummen wrote:<snip>

If you should change something it would be nice if you could see the remaining recruits in each province. I have never played the board version, but in that version it must be easy to see how many units there are left to recruit.
<snip>
FWIW, in the board version the recruiting pool would never diminish.
mercenarius
Victory and Glory
Victory and Glory

Post by mercenarius »

You can get a general sense of how many recruits are available in a province by right clicking on it and then using the "Advanced Details" button in the report dialog.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC

Return to “Hannibal: Rome and Carthage”