AAR - Hard Level

Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War is a new and innovative turn-based strategy game that puts you in command of the Carthaginian military during a period of total war over land and sea with the young Roman Republic.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

massina_nz
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Turn 17

Post by massina_nz »

Hannibal breaks the siege of Rhegium and returns to Latium to protect the siege of Rome.

The Romans then besiege Rhegium again.
Last edited by massina_nz on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
massina_nz

Turn 18

Post by massina_nz »

Last turn is repeated
massina_nz

Turn 19

Post by massina_nz »

I now have a combat bonus if I assault Rome. Which I do with 30 units versus 4 defenders. Rome lasts for 3 turns before the city is taken and victory is mine.
massina_nz

Post by massina_nz »

Well playing at Hard was probably the most difficult game, unsurprisingly. It certainly took longer to capture Rome. The pivotal moment for my plans to come to fruition was when I was able to crush the Roman navy in the mid-game. The indirect result was that the Roman recruiting focussed on rebuilding their navy not their land forces. So I was able to get numerical superiority on land. Two other things I'd like to mention is the gamey ploy of besieging leaderless cities with only one unit and a leader, if you are patient enough it pays off. And also once the AI decides that they can't attack Hannibal in a pitched battle, they almost become as vulnerable again when they start to lay siege to cities, as Hannibal can easily break the sieges, gain bonus cards and possibly get into a pitched battle.

Well I guess I better upload the lastest patches and see how the AI behaves with those

Return to “Hannibal: Rome and Carthage”