two player question

Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War is a new and innovative turn-based strategy game that puts you in command of the Carthaginian military during a period of total war over land and sea with the young Roman Republic.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Rom1944
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

two player question

Post by Rom1944 »

Is there any hope for a patch to make this a two player game?
i know that a human roman would have the advantage over the carthage one but i think that playing a hotseat or a pbm would be a blast.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

The game is structured from the ground up to be a single player game, so I think it would be impossible without basically rewriting the game so I'm pretty sure the answer is no unfortunately.
Rom1944
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Rom1944 »

Well then in a sequel maybe and with pitched battles using the Fog engine one man can dream :).
archaeobee
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by archaeobee »

Ahhhh - now what a great game this is.

But do any of you remember a boardgame called 'Hannibal', published by Aulic Council in 1983 and designed by Glenn Kidd? It was the first I ever bought, but only ever played it a few times - mainly because my mates didn't like it that much.

This computer game is an almost exact copy - the counters are mirror images and the rules are only marginally different.

So - if you want a two player version then try and find the boardgame.....and a compliant mate!

Return to “Hannibal: Rome and Carthage”