Dieppe Tournament V1.1

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Beta Dieppe Tournament V1.1

Post by LandMarine47 »

Hölle! The Tommies are everywhere. The Lutwaffe will teach the Foolish Canadians they are yet to meet the might of Wehrmacht the Kriegsmarines and the Lutwaffe. My Brothers in Arms to battle!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (244.95 KiB) Viewed 10047 times
GottaLove88s
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by GottaLove88s »

Now... iiiiiif LandMarine above was admitting to being one of my undisclosed opponents, where I successfully landed huge Allied forces on Blue Beach (and I'm sayin' nuthin')... then I'd recommend commanders note three things to be aware of... before developing their own versions of this technique...

1. LandMarine's German view miiiiiight represent the night turn before the dawn shot ('31 turns remaining' for the Germans versus '30 turns' in the Allied view)

2. Therefore... Isn't it surprising how little harm the combination of all four Fw190, Stuka, He111 and heavy arty bonuses seems to have had on the assaulting Allied force, carefully spaced out and using cover prior to the expected bombardment?... Sure as heck, it's going to surprise the three German units on that cliff, lol (Post airstrike, the Allies look pretty darned organised, with few white suppression flags, eh? ;-))

3. The Germans really can't see much, can they? The '31 turns remaining' German screenshot reveals only 3 of the 20+ Allied infantrymen shown in the '30 turns remaining' Allied screenshot. That means 17/20 (85%) of the assaulting Allied infantry are hidden and under cover, should further bombardments come...

But, this could all be coincidence, and our two battles might be wholly unrelated... As before, these are temporary spoilers and need to be deleted... 8)

Dieppe is possible for the Allies... almost no matter what the Germans try to do... if one experiments to find their weak spots...

And when you win as the Allies, man that feels good!!

:mrgreen:
SCENARIO LINKS
Seelow'45 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=55132
Normandy'44 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42094
Dieppe'42 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42347
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

If your the Allies..... Your attack got my completely static defense of guard. And with most of the destroyers still intact it's safe to say I may need to organize a fall back position further in the city. Separate the Allies from their tanks and their done for :) just get rid of those scouts....
A lot of good was learned here and GL88's took most if my bragging rights and pride. If you excuse me I have to tell high command of this mess :shock: don't be surprised when I come back with a couple of bruises lol
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

But I have one trick up my sleeve! Using the remains ships I'm ferrying everyone on the other side of the port! So even in the event I do fall back you will be flanked :) and I must add very nice touch with the baiting! Laying down smoke so I could anticipate where the landings were. I tried thus tactic but some German Naval scouts found me and I lost 3 destroyers :( when Dieppe easy mode is made I hope the Germans don't have any naval presence what so ever.
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

LandMarine47 wrote:Separate the Allies from their tanks and their done for :) just get rid of those scouts....
Again, I'm not sayin' we were ever playing LM... but if we were... Prepare to find out how not 'done for' 8 Royal marines, 2 RM snipers, 2 scouts and 2 mortar teams are (I don't really need the other 16 ground units)... in an urban house to house environment... with or without tanks... Bring plenty of carpet cleaner. There's going to be blood spilt! :wink:
Last edited by GottaLove88s on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SCENARIO LINKS
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

LandMarine47 wrote:But I have one trick up my sleeve! Using the remains ships I'm ferrying everyone on the other side of the port!
You mean if I concentrate bombardment fire from my 6 or 7 RN destroyers inside the outer harbour, I might catch some freighters carrying Waffen SS? Two turkeys, one shot, as it were.

Thank you... 8)
SCENARIO LINKS
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

GottaLove88s wrote:
LandMarine47 wrote:But I have one trick up my sleeve! Using the remains ships I'm ferrying everyone on the other side of the port!
You mean if I concentrate bombardment fire from my 6 or 7 RN destroyers inside the outer harbour, I might catch some freighters carrying Waffen SS? Two turkeys, one shot, as it were.

Thank you... 8)
And leave your men without fire support? It's your call :D
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

LandMarine47 wrote:And leave your men without fire support? It's your call :D
You've only got one more 152mm on that side of the map. The others are out of range. Plus two of the four tanks that 10th Pz started with... Once the 152mm is out, the tanks are marine fodder... I don't need Royal Navy fire support any more... Well, heck, I might keep smoke from 3 destroyers, and send the other 3-4 to go hunt freighters... Ball is in your court Herr Kapitan?
Last edited by GottaLove88s on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SCENARIO LINKS
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

GottaLove88s wrote:
LandMarine47 wrote:And leave your men without fire support? It's your call :D
You've only got one more 152mm on that side of the map. The others are out of range. Plus two of the four tanks that 10th Pz started with... Once the 152mm is out, the tanks are marine fodder... I don't need Royal Navy fire support any more... Ball is in your court?
:shock:
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

In our 1.04 game the end is near as I have sunk all of JCBs LCTs before the reached the beach :( he rushed the 152MM guns in an attempt to capture the HQ but he runs into elite Waffen SS waiting for him near the Church. A bold attack hosted by the Royal Marines at red beach is partly successful but he run into a Killzone as my convoy uncovers the location of the destroyers. All he can do is use his final scout to spot for the remaining destroyers.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (136.05 KiB) Viewed 10013 times
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

As for the V.1 game he has a bad start at white beach running into my convoy. I quickly eliminate scouts and destroyers. And near Blue beach my Guess Bombards knock out 3 LCT's...... Remember Kids keep your LCT's spread out :?
(Use Smoke JCB! It's the only way to win)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (124.2 KiB) Viewed 9999 times
Last edited by LandMarine47 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Ok it's that time can I get a status update? How are battles going. Screenshots so we can attract other players. (I have a ton but my Dropbox refuses to comply with me)
jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by jcb989 »

Will I need the contents of those 8 LCT's? Actually you fired on only my decoy LCT's good thing though..
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Decoy? :shock:
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Dieppe Tournament V1.1

Post by LandMarine47 »

Still haven't gotten word from most of ya..... So how's it going :|
jcb989

Post by jcb989 »

I'm losing my two games, lol.
peterjfrigate
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by peterjfrigate »

Progress is slow. I am guessing my opponent is busy.
peterjfrigate

Post by peterjfrigate »

This is from a game outside of the tournament. The Allies can do well if they are careful.

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

peterjfrigate wrote:This is from a game outside of the tournament. The Allies can do well if they are careful.

White Beach Eh? Good Job? Carful there will be a heavy fire fight for control of the port as the Panzers Arrive!
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Me and JCB have ended our 1.04 game. I won :) not even 1 LCT made it to shore :( but he was able to land a spec ops force and overwhelm my men at the Hotel. But I strike back with a Convoy from the Radar Station. There was a total fail when 1 Royal Marine Assaulted and Destroyed the AA Gun. Whatever those guys are using....... It's effective. Lol but now I move to 1.1 where my guessing has destroyed 3 LCT's and suppressed 3 Specops units on the beach... Ring the victory bells for the Germans 8)

Return to “Battle Academy : Tournaments & Leagues”