Dieppe Tournament V1.1

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Beta Dieppe Tournament V1.04

Post by LandMarine47 »

And dotcomcto do you want to join if I understand correctly? I can arrange you and BFume going head to head :) as long as its ok with the current game
bfume
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by bfume »

DotComCTO wrote:So, BFUME...you owe me a buck!
:shock:
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Ok guys status updates please! What turns are you on and give me a "strategic briefing" on what's going on in your battle. Screenshots if you can!
Ranger
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Ranger »

LandMarine47 wrote:
OFFICIAL RULES FOR TOURNAMENT .....
ALLIES DON'T LOAD COMMANDOES OR SNIPERS ON LCAs or LCTs.
It's your tourney but... I'm just curious... why?

oops... supposed to PM you.... standby..
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Well to get your best troops onto the beach those destroyers are going to have to hit the beachhead. So Allies don't have TOO much power with those destroyers. But if you want to change the rule give me some good points and I'll change it.
Ranger
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Ranger »

GottaLove88s wrote:Sounds great guys. Nicely organised LandMarine...

Anyone want to place bets on first round winners?... Definitely a tough start to take on Ranger. I might not make it to the second...

Good luck lads!
(What? OK, I'll play along)

Granted, during our play-testing matches, I just watched as my pet monkey played my turns for me...

...and granted he mostly just jumped up and down, waved his arms over his head, shrieked, and threw poo at my iPad's screen...

... I still don't remember him ever giving you a bad enough of a beating to account for the impending sense of doom you would be feeling, if you had any indication of the inevitability of your coming defeat and certainty of your first round elimination....

...As a matter of fact, if you were truly aware of the futility of your efforts, you would be dispirited and would surrender after your first turn, and wait for the next tournament to start, while hoping you had better luck getting a different opponent...

...but since there's no way for you to know the above, I will be a good sport, continue this facade, and wish you the best of luck, and sheepishly tell you: "Shucks GottaLove88s, What are you talking about? You're a pretty good player... you pretty much cleaned my clock in most of the matches we played... I'd put my money on you".

(honestly, I wouldn't bet on me).

cheers,

Thomas
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Ranger wrote:
GottaLove88s wrote:Sounds great guys. Nicely organised LandMarine...

Anyone want to place bets on first round winners?... Definitely a tough start to take on Ranger. I might not make it to the second...

Good luck lads!
(What? OK, I'll play along)

Granted, during our play-testing matches, I just watched as my pet monkey played my turns for me...

...and granted he mostly just jumped up and down, waved his arms over his head, shrieked, and threw poo at my iPad's screen...

... I still don't remember him ever giving you a bad enough of a beating to account for the impending sense of doom you would be feeling, if you had any indication of the inevitability of your coming defeat and certainty of your first round elimination....

...As a matter of fact, if you were truly aware of the futility of your efforts, you would be dispirited and would surrender after your first turn, and wait for the next tournament to start, while hoping you had better luck getting a different opponent...

...but since there's no way for you to know the above, I will be a good sport, continue this facade, and wish you the best of luck, and sheepishly tell you: "Shucks GottaLove88s, What are you talking about? You're a pretty good player... you pretty much cleaned my clock in most of the matches we played... I'd put my money on you".

(honestly, I wouldn't bet on me).

cheers,

Thomas
............. No words just Lol's
DotComCTO
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by DotComCTO »

LandMarine47 wrote:And dotcomcto do you want to join if I understand correctly? I can arrange you and BFume going head to head :) as long as its ok with the current game
:D

Actually, and in all seriousness, I would LOVE to be in on the tourney BUT coming home after a day of work and then hanging out with my wife & son and doing things around the house, I'm usually done for the night! I have a game going with bfume right now, and he can attest to my slow gameplay. The other reason for my slow gameplay is that I tend to watch the replay of a turn 3-4 times, and then I reassess the situation and my plan.

bfume and I will probably play the map very shortly because it looks incredibly well done, but in a tourney, I'd probably just slow everyone down.

8)

--DotComCTO
GottaLove88s
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by GottaLove88s »

DotComCTO wrote:
LandMarine47 wrote:And dotcomcto do you want to join if I understand correctly? I can arrange you and BFume going head to head :) as long as its ok with the current game
:D

Actually, and in all seriousness, I would LOVE to be in on the tourney BUT coming home after a day of work and then hanging out with my wife & son and doing things around the house, I'm usually done for the night! I have a game going with bfume right now, and he can attest to my slow gameplay. The other reason for my slow gameplay is that I tend to watch the replay of a turn 3-4 times, and then I reassess the situation and my plan.

bfume and I will probably play the map very shortly because it looks incredibly well done, but in a tourney, I'd probably just slow everyone down.

8)

--DotComCTO
Hey d.c CTO!

You're more than welcome, even if you have to be a slow gamer for now...

Am under similar 'wife & work' time too... Having a run of battles where Al, Jcb & me are putting through one turn each night, or less... It's taken about 3 weeks for a Pegasus Bridge where I've painstakingly done an end around on Al's Germans, finally took the 3rd flag, but ran out of turns to reinforce with hordes of paras for whom the Bridge really was Too Far... Al took his flag back on the last turn of the game, sigh, lol... :roll:

Jcb's two Ouistreham battles are looking like they'll go the same way... decided on the last turn after weeks of 1 turn per night... with what few fellas I've got left that survived his waves of precision fighter-bombers... You few who made it. Time to come out of your holes, lads! :mrgreen:

If you come in as our 7th player, we just need 1 more... then we could run the first 4 rounds as knockouts, to get to four players for a semi-final...? 8)

Watching your opponent replays 3-4 times is more concerning!! :shock: I tend to watch once, often in shock at the sneakiness of my opponents, then my Neanderthal synapses fire, "that StuG hit my marine... Bad StuG", destroyer fire, "dead StuG"... and then my destroyer dies in return, hehe... :twisted: You & Bfume could be the ones to watch?! :wink:

PS. Did you get your dollar yet...? :lol:
SCENARIO LINKS
Seelow'45 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=55132
Normandy'44 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42094
Dieppe'42 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42347
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

I agree with GL88's you don't have to commit yourself here. Just let us know if you have something coming up and it will be pardoned. Heck I'm still waiting on JCB to accept my challenges :| lol.
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

My first Dieppe tourney game, against Ranger, going badly... yup, even from 2nd Allied turn, lol...

Foolishly attempted to slip forwards a couple of destroyers, without smoke cover... Was desperately unlucky (imho, lol :lol: ) in that I seem to have tried to sneak my destroyers into an exceedingly well scouted zone... It's not looking so good... I'm down three destroyers and their precious contents...

Note to self: Use smoke always. Even for destroyers. ARGH!! :twisted:
SCENARIO LINKS
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Uhhh smoke first then move the destroyers during the same turn? Can you give me a Casualties report on both sides?
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

LandMarine47 wrote:Uhhh smoke first then move the destroyers during the same turn? Can you give me a Casualties report on both sides?
Yes, smoke first... then move the destroyers... and keep anything you care for behind the smoke...
SCENARIO LINKS
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

As Ranger & I toast each others' destroyers with shocking ease...
I realise I need to add HIDES to Merr's smoke objects...
so that we can fire vast amounts of this stuff to hide our location...
but opponent's won't see the smoke unless they have a unit with direct line of sight to the smoke...
so we don't accidentally give away our approaches...
Will test today and release immediately if it works!
SCENARIO LINKS
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Finally found a good fight for Dieppe. Playing as allies my Oppenent lost 2 152 Guns in the first turn and I lost a Destroyer and an LCA.
jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by jcb989 »

FYI, I will download V1.04 today and get our games going tonight.
bfume

Post by bfume »

Re: smoke, is it normal that if the smoke is in adjacent tile, you're hidden, but if you move onto a smoking tile, you reveal your position clear as day? I'm, um, asking for a friend and not as someone who's mourning the recent loss of two commando units and a destroyer. :roll:
jcb989

Post by jcb989 »

that is tragic but normal yes
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Can I get another report? This time from everyone. I want to know how the tournament is going and any feedback is welcome
Ranger
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Ranger »

Everything is wonderful. Night fighters with night vision.... A need for smoke scrrens at night... Super long range and accurate coastal gun reaction fire... Deadly accurate night fire without the aid of flares... German infantry in kill zones on the beaches...

Return to “Battle Academy : Tournaments & Leagues”