Dieppe Tournament V1.1

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Dieppe Tournament V1.1

Post by LandMarine47 »

To make more maps for the Dieppe/Coastal Raids on Europe Maps from GottaLove88's we need to make sure that Dieppe is out of Beta. I will be hosting a tournament for the Dieppe Map. If you experience any problems go to the main topic or PM me or GL88's about it. To start this tournament off we want atleast 2 members on each Faction. For Dieppe I warn you it's gonna be HARD for the Allies. Even though the German Garrisons are small and scattered they have powerful reserves at the 10th Panzer and Radar Sation. They have 7 152MM coastal guns with 5 facing the coast and if it spots your big ships (LCTs and Destroyers) it's most likley your ships will hit the bottom of the sea. If an LCT hits the bottom it's gonna hurt (3 units, one Churchhill in each) the Germans have a weak Naval Force of 3 Gun Boats and 2 Uboatjagers. As well as a freighter convoy from Bolounge. Wether you place them in the inner or outer harbor or let them continue their journey from the coast it up to the Germans Player. They don't stand a chance against Destroyers but they will go for landing craft and troops on the beach. For the Allies SMOKE speed and stealth is your best friend. You have 5 Turns to get your men on the beach (lucky you guys have nighttime so LOS is lowered for the 152MM guns) including the Commandoes on board the destroyers (Yes the destroyers need to get to shore eventually) Both the Lutwaffe and the RAF are both HIGHLY ACTIVE. So make sure you have AA guns around your most important areas or you'll get smoked. Germans also get some 150MM arty so get off the beach FAST. But there is good news for the Allies. Your men can "Ride" Tanks! So make sure your most important men or on a tank of you want them alive. Of 8 VPS the side with the most VPS after turn 35 wins. I know the advantages and disadvantages for both sides. Since I already memorized the map and most likley the order of battle it won't be fair if I join EITHER side. So I'm the GameMaster here. Won't be like GL88's GJS but give it a chance. Make sure to take lots of screenshots so you can show us your epic battles. I think I've covered everything you need to know about Dieppe. If you wish to join the tournament contact me or reply to this thread. I will organize a Axis and Allies thread in the case people want to discuss battleplans and strategies. (I will share my knowledge with you all if you ask nicely :)) and remember play fairly and have lots of fun 8). Official start of the Tournament will be once we have 2 People on each side. If you want more Dieppe maps (were all the Commandoes went on the other beaches) we need to make sure that Dieppe is ready. If you have questions or comments about the Game PM me.
Thanks LM :D

OFFICIAL RULES FOR TOURNAMENT
GERMANS SO ALLIES DON'T PICK UP ON YOUR GUNS PLEASE MOVE AROUND THE 152MM GUNS EVERYGAME
IF GAME IS NOT PICKED UP WITHIN 15 DAYS THE GAME IS CONSIDERED ABANDONED (If you just plain can't comply with this rule and have things to do PM about it and I''ll OK it)
GERMANS DON'T LOAD YOUR MEN ON TANKS
I've added these to make things somewhat even for both sides. If lots of people want a rule change I'll do it
That's about it if you have questions or want to change rules PM me and we'll talk about it

CURRENT PLAYERS
LANDMARINE47
GOTTALOVE88's
RANGER
JCB989
PETERJFRIGATE
BFUME
Last edited by LandMarine47 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:16 am, edited 11 times in total.
GottaLove88s
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Dieppe Tournament - Seeking Players

Post by GottaLove88s »

Excellent idea, LandMarine!

Guys, here's a quick heads up of what you'll be fighting over in a Dieppe Tournament...

Dieppe is a detailed 64x64 map of the Anglo-Canadian and 1st Ranger Bn raid on this fortified harbour town in summer 1942...

As Dieppe turned out in reality, it's an easy map to play, but a difficult map to win. The Allies have to load all of their units into their assault fleet during their deployment turn (you can put upto 3 units into LCTs and you can also load your RN destroyers with up to one infantry squad). The toughest challenge for the Allies is moving their fleet to the French beaches to safely unload their commando force undetected. All eight destroyers have smoke, and you will need it to put smoke obstacles between anything you care for and the wicked German 152mm coastal guns... The first 5 turns take place at night, where line of sight is halved for all units... Allied commanders must use this wisely (and quickly)

The Germans have a merchant fleet of unarmed freighters, plus a few underpowered Ubootjager (sub hunters) and Vorpostenboot (armed trawlers). These will die if they face a destroyer, but if you inch them around carefully, they might just discover the approaching enemy, to target for your coastal guns... Germans can set the facing direction of their guns during their deployment turn. This matters because your 152mm's have a 180-degree firing arc, 90-degrees either side of forwards... and once set, they can't move... If you let the Allies get behind you, that's sehr schlimm for you, Fritz!

The Germans also have infantry and panzer reserves further back, but whether these units actually take part in the battle will depend on how quickly you can move them forwards... and whether you can discover your enemy fast enough to direct these 'reinforcements' to the right beaches...

The game is a reasonably fixed but very playable beta... Please post any glitches or suggestions on the main Dieppe thread here -> viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42347

Anything at all... We'll try to make it better... Good luck guys... Have fun! :mrgreen:
Last edited by GottaLove88s on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
SCENARIO LINKS
Seelow'45 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=55132
Normandy'44 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42094
Dieppe'42 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42347
GottaLove88s

Re: Beta Dieppe Tournament V1.03

Post by GottaLove88s »

PS. Forgot to add... as you'll observe from the bonus options above, both sides enjoy SERIOUS AIRPOWER... We wanted the Dieppe scenario to approximately recreate an accurate mix of British, Canadian, American and German armies, Royal Navy, Polish navy and Kriegsmarine warships, plus the RAF, USAAF and Luftwaffe air support that was actually present on August 19th, 1942... Enjoy!
SCENARIO LINKS
GottaLove88s

Dieppe Tourney...

Post by GottaLove88s »

Hey LM, What's your plan for this one?

Is it open to all levels of experience? So folks can try it out?

What works well is the GortWillSaveUs style tournament, where every player plays every other player twice, once as Allies, once as Germans...

But if you get a lot of takers, Arcticpost's World Cup style 'qualifier rounds', semifinals and finals works better...

A simple tourney doesn't need GM'ing. You can get in and play (just keep the score sheets honestly... :D)

I'm happy to join... if being one of the map designers is permitted?
(Believe me, Jcb & Johntindall routinely kick my butt on maps I've created, lol! :twisted: :roll: )
SCENARIO LINKS
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

:) All are welcome after all this is a Beta tournament. So no experience levels required. But so you don't go up against a hardcore strategy master I'll tweak the matches to a less experienced player for you.The way the tournament will work is you chose your faction then battle a player on the opposite side. After a victory is announced you will switch factions and play again!Once we get more maps for Diepee then it will get like GJS44. I HIGLHY encourage that the experienced players join Allies and the rookies Axis. But if you just want to play as a certain faction really badly go for it. For very defeat there is a victory right :). And Of course you can join GL88's 8) just go easy on the rookies alright :mrgreen: Once Dieppe gets more members for the tournament Finals and Semifinals will begin to enter the fray. (I apologize if my rules are confusing, and if I'm a Terrible GM)
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

Hey LandMarine,

Yup, I promise to go easy on all Rookies... but they have to promise to go easy on me too, eh? lol...

Please use v1.04 for your Tourney... This fixes the last few issues and has some graphical updates you've been asking for...

Real Life is going to tie me up for awhile now, so just log any new bugs on the main thread and I'll nail 'em in July...

Ready to play? :D
SCENARIO LINKS
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

SCENARIO LINKS
jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by jcb989 »

Hi LandMarine,

I'll sign up but if you only have 2 X 2 slots to play, maybe I should wait to see who else wants to play and step aside if you get 4 other guys on board.
I've played the map quite a few times already from both sides. Have not won as Allies yet, getting close in one V1.02 game. I could play as Allies when you feel the time is right to add me into the tourney, again I just don't want to snap up one of only 4 slots and make others miss out on the fun, so let me know. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Thanks,
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Ok JCB so far it's you and GL88's. 2 more people and we kick this thing off! Remember it will be a GortWillSaveUs style one time Allies other Axis! If I get 4/5 Players there will be Finals and Semifinals. As for others if we have an odd number and you have no one to play Ill more than gladly face off with ya :mrgreen:
Now I need awnsers from both of you Axis or Allies? 8)
GottaLove88s

Re: Beta Dieppe Tournament V1.04

Post by GottaLove88s »

Hey LM...

So you, Jcb, me, so far... Play 2way each? Once as Germans, once as Allies...?
Any other takers? Or you're all off hitting the beaches?
:mrgreen:
SCENARIO LINKS
Ranger
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Ranger »

I'll play but I'm a tournament virgin... tell me what you need me to do. I'll play whichever side you guys need.
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

Ranger wrote:I'll play but I'm a tournament virgin... tell me what you need me to do. I'll play whichever side you guys need.
Cool!

If I understand LM's PM's correctly, everybody plays everybody else twice, once as Germans, once as Allies... unless there are too many of us, in which case LM will add up our early points for a World Cup style qualifier round...

Let's kick off with a 2way?
SCENARIO LINKS
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

I've picked 'em up, Ranger...

GAME STARTED -- DIEPPE -- Ranger (Allies) vs GottaLove88s (Germans)
GAME STARTED -- DIEPPE -- GottaLove88s (Allies) vs Ranger (Germans)
SCENARIO LINKS
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Ok let's do this! I guess it me and JCB and if I'm correct he wants to play as Allies first. Ok here we go hope you go easy on me :oops:
GAME PENDING -- JCB989 (Allies) vs LandMarine47 (Germans)
GAME PENDING -- JCB989 (Germans) vs LandMarine47 (Allies)
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

PS Forgot to add this to make it more Fair for the Allies German Players are trusted to not move any 152MM Guns from their original locations. Now if the Allies get to overkill without those 2 Guns I might tweak the rules a bit :wink:
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

Good luck amigo! Jcb doesn't go easy on anyone... Expect a full frontal assault to kick down your front door, and then some... He'll lose some low value units, for sure, then follow up with his high strength ones, kicking the stuffing out of your few defenders who (probably) no longer have any reaction shots... Sneaky it won't be. Effective, heck yes!!

Screenshots please :D
SCENARIO LINKS
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

LandMarine47 wrote:PS Forgot to add this to make it more Fair for the Allies German Players are trusted to not move any 152MM Guns from their original locations. Now if the Allies get to overkill without those 2 Guns I might tweak the rules a bit :wink:
Sorry, already broken that one... Let the Germans move 'em... Shakes things up a bit, to make every game different... Remember, Coastal Guns can only fire with a forwards arc now, so initial placement is much more critical than it used to be...
SCENARIO LINKS
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Official rules are up in first post as well as listed players. If things want to be changed PM me about what you want changed
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

GottaLove88s wrote:Good luck amigo! Jcb doesn't go easy on anyone... Expect a full frontal assault to kick down your front door, and then some... He'll lose some low value units, for sure, then follow up with his high strength ones, kicking the stuffing out of your few defenders who (probably) no longer have any reaction shots... Sneaky it won't be. Effective, heck yes!!

Screenshots please :D
:oops: oh boy this is gonna be hard then especially with those new rules it will be hard for both of us then :| I'm going to shell that beach to Kingdom Come if I see him then
jcb989

Post by jcb989 »

LandMarine47 wrote:Ok let's do this! I guess it me and JCB and if I'm correct he wants to play as Allies first. Ok here we go hope you go easy on me :oops:
GAME PENDING -- JCB989 (Allies) vs LandMarine47 (Germans)
GAME PENDING -- JCB989 (Germans) vs LandMarine47 (Allies)
I have a couple V1.02 games going still. Post up the games with password jcb989 and I'll accept them asap, should not be long.

Return to “Battle Academy : Tournaments & Leagues”