Newbie world championship final

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

protectivedaddy
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Newbie world championship final

Post by protectivedaddy »

ProtectiveDaddy Vs Guardsman

Cristot River Crossing GJS'44

Battle commenced 02/06/13

2 battles to be played with each player alternating allies and axis.
arcticpost
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Newbie world championship final

Post by arcticpost »

Good luck guys, hopefully you'll have some others join soon.
GottaLove88s
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by GottaLove88s »

Go for it, guys! The rest of us would love to see how this plays out...

Mind sharing some screenshots with us? Once you're through any 'loose lips sink ships' secret stages...?

:D
SCENARIO LINKS
Seelow'45 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=55132
Normandy'44 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42094
Dieppe'42 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42347
protectivedaddy
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Stupid question but how do you take screen shots on ipad.
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

protectivedaddy wrote:Stupid question but how do you take screen shots on ipad.
No worries. Not stupid at all... Click the reset (top right) and home button (bottom centre) at the same time. It will save a screenshot into your photo album...
SCENARIO LINKS
arcticpost

Post by arcticpost »

You'll have to crop the photo too before it will upload. Not having played Cristot River yet I'm looking forward to the screenshots too.
protectivedaddy
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

The scenarios have changed to the swordsbeach gjs'44, there are now 3 players in a round robin scenario, will post results and screenshots so people can how we progress.
bfume
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by bfume »

Wait... people are actually going to see how I messed up deploying my front line? Joy! :-P
protectivedaddy
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

The final result of game one.

Protective daddy 1 - 0 Bfume

After losing both his ships in round one Protective daddies nazi army held strong suffering very little losses having strategically placed his coastal guns and mortars deep away from the coastline, this added with extensive use of tank traps hindered the advancement of the allies with them temporarily breaking through the beachhead to the north, only be repelled by mass artillery fire.

If the allies suffer anymore demoralising defeats like this the war will be over very quickly.

Protective daddy has since been summonsed to Berlin for a private meeting with the furher for outstanding valour in battle, and there is talk of him being given a prominent position it he nazi war office due to his outstanding understanding of defensive strategy.

Hiel hitler.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (231.23 KiB) Viewed 11525 times
Last edited by protectivedaddy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

41-9 kills... that's some KIA table, PD!

Screenshots please? I'm worried the Bfume is going to 'kick my ass' in Dieppe... so I'd like to understand his style of play? :D
SCENARIO LINKS
protectivedaddy
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

He would appear to prefer a more gung-ho style of assault with his armour leading, with the main armour pushing through the middle then his infantry units spreading out fan like from the rear of the armour.

He has proven a lot stronger in defence than attack, where he seems to prefer a brittle forward line manned by infantry with armour and artillery units lying in wait in deeper positions, he does like to keep his infantry hidden and grouped when defending. A the allies I have taken all the northern beached and infiltrated most of the map across the northern to mid , but have hit heavy defences once passed through the wooded area. I have managed to advance straight along the beach with little resistance, but am finding it difficult to take the most southern flag.

All in all Mr 88 if you wish to draw him out if you are attacking give him a weak unit and he likes to attack each unit by mass, at least this will give away his positions, but if you are defending simply sit tight and allow him to come on to you..........when he takes his next round I shall take some screenshots of what defensive lines he likes to take. And he doesn't make much use of the tank traps.

All the best in your battle.
GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s »

protectivedaddy wrote:He would appear to prefer a more gung-ho style of assault with his armour leading, with the main armour pushing through the middle then his infantry units spreading out fan like from the rear of the armour.

He has proven a lot stronger in defence than attack, where he seems to prefer a brittle forward line manned by infantry with armour and artillery units lying in wait in deeper positions, he does like to keep his infantry hidden and grouped when defending. A the allies I have taken all the northern beached and infiltrated most of the map across the northern to mid , but have hit heavy defences once passed through the wooded area. I have managed to advance straight along the beach with little resistance, but am finding it difficult to take the most southern flag.

All in all Mr 88 if you wish to draw him out if you are attacking give him a weak unit and he likes to attack each unit by mass, at least this will give away his positions, but if you are defending simply sit tight and allow him to come on to you..........when he takes his next round I shall take some screenshots of what defensive lines he likes to take. And he doesn't make much use of the tank traps.

All the best in your battle.
Wow... Nice... thanks PD... I await my 'ass kicking' in great anticipation... :mrgreen:
SCENARIO LINKS
bfume

Post by bfume »

GottaLove88s wrote:41-9 kills... that's some KIA table, PD!
This having been the Allies' virgin experience with this particular assault, I can confirm that future assault operations leaders will learn from this travesty and rise victorious in the name of freedom & democracy.
GottaLove88s wrote:Screenshots please? I'm worried the Bfume is going to 'kick my ass' in Dieppe... so I'd like to understand his style of play? :D
Damn you WebCTO!
protectivedaddy
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

I will add though the allies general Bfume proved weak and misguided whilst in charge of his allied forces, since his treachery and double crossing in taking command of the invasion defence units for the nazis his defensive capabilities are very strong, with the allies now taking heavy losses with the nazis seemingly able to call upon endless reserves.
Herr Bfume is a far tougher nut to crack as a defensive opponent than he is as an attacker.
There is still much fighting left in this battle though.
bfume

Post by bfume »

protectivedaddy wrote:I will add though the allies general Bfume proved weak and misguided whilst in charge of his allied forces, since his treachery and double crossing in taking command of the invasion defence units for the nazis his defensive capabilities are very strong, with the allies now taking heavy losses with the nazis seemingly able to call upon endless reserves.
Herr Bfume is a far tougher nut to crack as a defensive opponent than he is as an attacker.
There is still much fighting left in this battle though.
Yet despite a last minute diversion tactic, which almost succeeded, P.Daddy was able to capture the final flag on a very very literal last move. Well done, sir.

Protective daddy 2 - 0 Bfume

Return to “Battle Academy : Tournaments & Leagues”