"A Duplicate Bridge Too Far" Tournament

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

PirateJock_Wargamer
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by PirateJock_Wargamer »

Please can you include my score against shawnt63 ...
PirateJock wrote:Game finished against shawnt63 with an Allies victory. The final score was 120 : 0. At the end Allies held all 7 flags, lost 8 units and killed 22 Axis units.
Thanks

p.s. I was the Allies :)
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

CharlyG wrote:SailingGuy and I have just finished "Winter Village", and it was a total victory for the Axis.

Flags: Axis 7 - Allied 0
Kills: Axis 22 - Allied 5
Losses: Axis 5 - Allied 22

Axis victory +30 points

Final Points:
Axis : 129
Allied : 0

For information, I will contact falco to play "Along the Road" in the evening.
Are you sure that you played out of sequence? That you don't have the titles backwards?
You can call me junk - and type that with one hand.
SailingGuy
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by SailingGuy »

junk2drive wrote:
CharlyG wrote:SailingGuy and I have just finished "Winter Village", and it was a total victory for the Axis.

Flags: Axis 7 - Allied 0
Kills: Axis 22 - Allied 5
Losses: Axis 5 - Allied 22

Axis victory +30 points

Final Points:
Axis : 129

For information, I will contact falco to play "Along the Road" in the evening.
Are you sure that you played out of sequence? That you don't have the titles backwards?
Nope. He destroyed me. In my defense, the sun was in my eyes and my shoes were untied.
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

PirateJock_Wargamer

You never ever ever go to war with your shoelaces untied! It's a fundamental. You'll trip up, everything will fly in the air and before you know it ... total annihilation :(
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Started the next battle with Crestone. First turn for me and got a scripts don't match error.
Crestone
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Crestone »

junk2drive wrote:Started the next battle with Crestone. First turn for me and got a scripts don't match error.
If you're interested, there is a thread between Pip & myself about this in Tech Support called "1.5.1 Incompatibility?"
But all games I've played while getting that error message have played out normally.
CharlyG
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by CharlyG »

I'm unhappy in my game with falco (Along the road). Before the beginning of the game, I asked him to read the rules for the tournament and he agreed with the no surrender rule.
But during the game, he has severe losses and when turn remaining are 8, it's a total rout for the ally (just a little handful of unit is alive for him in the battle). Then, he surrended because this battle is unballanced for him.

With a continued game, all the objectives were taken by my axis forces.
I don't understand why people don't folllow the rules. A total victory is changed in a minor victory. It's a great handicap in a tournament (I've lost 40 points, for the 4 objectives I don't have taken when game was stopped).

With 8 turn remaining to play, when falco surrendered.
Flags: Axis 5 - Allied 4
Kills: Axis 21 - Allied 5
Losses: Axis 5 - Allied 21

Axis victory +30 points

Final Points:
Axis : 107 or normally 147 if the game had continued. (See the answer from falco under this post)
Last edited by CharlyG on Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
falco148
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by falco148 »

Apologies all round. I totally forgot about the no surrender rule. I think that CharlyG should get full points for his win.
Was just disgusted how skewed the scenario appears to play out, thats all. Totally unbalanced IMHO.

Anyway sorry once again CharlyG. Nothing to do with you personally.

- falco.
LOGAN5
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by LOGAN5 »

So who is my opponent ? did we start the next round or we still waiting for the other games to clear up.
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Bottom of the last page
SailingGuy wrote:Let's go ahead and proceed with Round 6.

Round 6: Close Combat
(Axis player listed first)
Acererak vs. hidde
CharlyG vs. Arminius
Sleet vs. SailingGuy
shawnt63 vs. falco
LOGAN5 vs. PirateJock
junk2drive vs. Crestone

As always, the Axis player should set up the game and PM the password to his opponent.

Good luck.
PirateJock_Wargamer

LOGAN5 wrote:So who is my opponent ? did we start the next round or we still waiting for the other games to clear up.
Ready and waiting ... shoelaces tied and sunglasses on :wink:
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Crestone wrote:
junk2drive wrote:Started the next battle with Crestone. First turn for me and got a scripts don't match error.
If you're interested, there is a thread between Pip & myself about this in Tech Support called "1.5.1 Incompatibility?"
But all games I've played while getting that error message have played out normally.
Several times I had targets with yellow text indicating a decent chance and two shots go for nothing. I pulled up to within 2 sq of a HT with a StuG and couldn't kill it. Yet you managed to take out everything I had.

Luck or is your install a problem?
Crestone
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Crestone »

junk2drive wrote:
Crestone wrote:
Several times I had targets with yellow text indicating a decent chance and two shots go for nothing. I pulled up to within 2 sq of a HT with a StuG and couldn't kill it. Yet you managed to take out everything I had.

Luck or is your install a problem?
If you looked at the thread I mentioned, you'll see that Pip looked at all the files I sent & couldn't find any problem there. I've played several games since this message first popped up & they seemed to play like any others. As for luck hitting, this has been discussed at some length & it seems everyone agrees that of course the dice are being rolled, and sometimes they seem to defy the odds. But as you know, probably better than I, it can be very frustrating at times trying to hit the faster moving vehicles (agility factor, etc). I've gone crazy in some games trying to kill Bren carriers. Many of my kills on your tanks have been from the side or directly behind, so I honestly don't think it's just luck. Your StuG took out my Sherman Jumbo with a single shot directly front from considerable range -- luck?
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Please note that I did not accuse you of cheating or anything else. I just seems that we both had a lot of weird dice rolls compared to other games that I have played with no error message.

But you could be right, just one of those days.
Crestone
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Crestone »

No, I never felt that you were making any kind of accusation - just raising a valid question. Since Pip went over all of my files & couldn't find anything out of order, I've been at a loss as to what to try next to get rid of that damn message. As to the frustration of missing seemingly "sure shots", I completely sympathize. I've had games, as I think we all have, when I felt absolutely cursed - couldn't hit anything, the same vehicle bogging every other turn.

In any event, this is the end of the tourney for all but two of us, and maybe we can have some discussion when it's all over as to how to make the next one even better. I think we've clearly seen how lopsided many of the maps are, basically setting up a loss or victory from the getgo. I don't think it's fair either that some players are very familiar with a particular map and others aren't. The maps ought to be fresh and as neutral in flag placement as possible.

Highs & lows, victories & crushing defeats, it's still been a lot of fun as far as I'm concerned. I've learned a lot too from those who kicked my butt -- (thanks CharlyG & Sleet). :lol:
Crestone
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Crestone »

The results for the match with J2D are as follows:

ALLIES:

flags -- 9
losses - 12
kills --28
AXIS:

flags -- 0
losses - 28
kills -- 12

TOTAL:

ALLIES: Victory 30 + flags 90 + kills minus losses 0 = 120
AXIS = 0

My thanks to J2D for fighting it out to the end in a losing cause.
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

Crestone
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Crestone »

Crestone wrote:The results for the match with J2D are as follows:

ALLIES:

flags -- 9
losses - 12
kills --28
AXIS:

flags -- 0
losses - 28
kills -- 12

TOTAL:

ALLIES: Victory 30 + flags 90 + kills minus losses 0 = 120
AXIS = 0

My thanks to J2D for fighting it out to the end in a losing cause.
Guess I need a remedial math course. :oops: Allied kills were 28 (28 x 2 = 56) Allied losses were 12 (12 x 3 = 36). 56 -36 = 20
So point total for allies should be 140. Sorry, SailingGuy, to give you extra work.
CharlyG
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by CharlyG »

falco wrote:Apologies all round. I totally forgot about the no surrender rule. I think that CharlyG should get full points for his win.
Was just disgusted how skewed the scenario appears to play out, thats all. Totally unbalanced IMHO.

Anyway sorry once again CharlyG. Nothing to do with you personally.

- falco.
No problem, it's only a game (everyone can make error). I wait the decision of the referres and hope to obtain 147 points for this game.

Return to “Battle Academy : Tournaments & Leagues”