"A Duplicate Bridge Too Far" Tournament

Forum for the organisation of official and user tournaments or leagues.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

SailingGuy
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by SailingGuy »

I think this brings us up to date except for Arminius' score in "Winter Village". This also resolves the points scored in the Falco/CharlyG match up.
hidde
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by hidde »

Status anyone?
It's two weeks since the last round started...
My and Acereraks game is only on turn two! I was a bit slow in picking up the challenge.
Then we were both busy for a while and now it seems like A is occupied once more with real life :wink:
I hope we can get this tourny to it's conclusion...
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

hidde wrote:Status anyone?
It's two weeks since the last round started...
My and Acereraks game is only on turn two! I was a bit slow in picking up the challenge.
Then we were both busy for a while and now it seems like A is occupied once more with real life :wink:
I hope we can get this tourny to it's conclusion...
My game has not even started yet, despite a couple PM's to my opponent. Unfortunately things like this tend to happen. When you are out of the running...interest wanes.

Fair winds,
Phil
PirateJock_Wargamer
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by PirateJock_Wargamer »

In the death throes of my match with LOGAN5 - think got 5 or 6 Turns left.
Sailing Guy wrote:My game has not even started yet, despite a couple PM's to my opponent. Unfortunately things like this tend to happen. When you are out of the running...interest wanes.
Isn't your game against Sleet? I thought he was still in the running for the Axis flight - got a game in hand according to the last results table.

Amount of time to reach interesting decision-points, i.e. people get knocked out and the survivors go onto the next stage, could be looked at in the AAR.

Cheers
SailingGuy

Post by SailingGuy »

PirateJock wrote:In the death throes of my match with LOGAN5 - think got 5 or 6 Turns left.
Sailing Guy wrote:My game has not even started yet, despite a couple PM's to my opponent. Unfortunately things like this tend to happen. When you are out of the running...interest wanes.
Isn't your game against Sleet? I thought he was still in the running for the Axis flight - got a game in hand according to the last results table.

Amount of time to reach interesting decision-points, i.e. people get knocked out and the survivors go onto the next stage, could be looked at in the AAR.

Cheers
Still no contact.
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

Easy for me to say because I'm not in the running but worse case you could drop Close Combat and figure the final scores at that point. Then set the 2 final opponents.
You can call me junk - and type that with one hand.
PirateJock_Wargamer

Game against LOGAN5 has reached its bloody conclusion. Allied victory with 9 flags and 28 Axis units destroyed, losing 15 Allied units. So score is Allies 131 : Axis 0.

LOGAN5 put up a stout defence after the early loss of his Panther to a lucky opfire Sherman shot at range on his side armour; at least 12 turns remaining. After that it was a bitter fight for every flag with Allies losing a lot more units than planned :(

A game of attrition and thanks - is that the right word; he just wasn't thinking about my points ;) - to LOGAN5 for making it a good fight.

Cheers
hidde

Post by hidde »

junk2drive wrote:Easy for me to say because I'm not in the running but worse case you could drop Close Combat and figure the final scores at that point. Then set the 2 final opponents.
As far as I can tell Sleet is the only possible threat to CharlyG in the German Flight. Looks like he has dropped out. That should mean that I and CharlyG could play the final.
Not sure if I have the stomach for three games after a crippled tourny like it became but we could play Race for the town and that is it?
falco148
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by falco148 »

Shawnt63 and myself are currently about half-way through our battle (not that its going to make any difference to the tourney outcome....lol). Should be finished in 3-4 days methinks.
LOGAN5
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by LOGAN5 »

PirateJock wrote:Game against LOGAN5 has reached its bloody conclusion. Allied victory with 9 flags and 28 Axis units destroyed, losing 15 Allied units. So score is Allies 131 : Axis 0.

LOGAN5 put up a stout defence after the early loss of his Panther to a lucky opfire Sherman shot at range on his side armour; at least 12 turns remaining. After that it was a bitter fight for every flag with Allies losing a lot more units than planned :(

A game of attrition and thanks - is that the right word; he just wasn't thinking about my points ;) - to LOGAN5 for making it a good fight.

Cheers
I didn't even realize it was over, i guess you must have killed my last panzer, I was waiting for the turn to come back because i was sure that it would survive at least one more turn. Good game.
PirateJock_Wargamer

LOGAN5 wrote:I didn't even realize it was over, i guess you must have killed my last panzer, I was waiting for the turn to come back because i was sure that it would survive at least one more turn. Good game.
Yeah that's caught me out a few times ... game finishes on the opponents turn and it goes straight to your 'Completed Games' tab with no message. Have you watched the last turn? I ended up sacrificing a Sherman (not intended :(; I thought he was tough enough and far enough away to soak up a few hits!) and then ran in an M18 onto the flag for pointblank shot on your panzer.

Cheers
LOGAN5

Post by LOGAN5 »

I just watched it. nice job. So I guess that pretty much does it for the tournament
PirateJock_Wargamer

So ... are there likely to be any more results from the final round or is it time for hidde and CharlyG to start dukeing it out? You going for a winner takes it all on Race for the Town?

Cheers
falco148
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by falco148 »

Shawnt63 and myself just finished our Close Combat battle. 9 flags captured by myself as Allies with 16 casualties, Germans suffered 25 casualties. By my calculations my total score should be 122. 30 points (for the win), 90 points (for the flags), 50 points (German casualties) - 48 points (Allied casualties) = 122 points. Feel free to correct this if I'm wrong!
hidde

Post by hidde »

PirateJock wrote:So ... are there likely to be any more results from the final round or is it time for hidde and CharlyG to start dukeing it out? You going for a winner takes it all on Race for the Town?

Cheers
Well, I have just sent CharleyG a PM and asked him if we should have a final. We'll see.
If anyone is interested I and Acererak are still fighting, albeit slowly. The result won't change anything, of course.
Only a return of Sleet could make any difference.
hidde

Post by hidde »

I doubt anyone is interested but I and CharleyG will have a game of Race for the Town.
If it's the final or not I'm not sure but it's a fun map to play :P
PirateJock_Wargamer

Hi hidde

You ever heard of Marvin the robot from Hitchhiker's? :wink: Good luck to you both - look forward to hearing how it goes.

Cheers
Sleet
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Sleet »

Heya, it has been sometime since I have been online and all.
Had to deal with a stroke, fortunately doing much better now!

Anyway, my apologies for not informing all earlier.

Good luck to the leads from each side. :)
hidde

Post by hidde »

Sleet wrote:Heya, it has been sometime since I have been online and all.
Had to deal with a stroke, fortunately doing much better now!

Anyway, my apologies for not informing all earlier.

Good luck to the leads from each side. :)
Sorry to hear that.
Are you able to play? We can wait for you.
Might be too stressfull for a while, though.
Get well and we'll see you in some future final!
hidde

Post by hidde »

PirateJock wrote:Hi hidde

You ever heard of Marvin the robot from Hitchhiker's? :wink: Good luck to you both - look forward to hearing how it goes.

Cheers
I read that book a long time ago. Don't remember many details.
What about Marvin? I don't make the connection :D

Return to “Battle Academy : Tournaments & Leagues”