Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

armstein
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps 2017 Multiplayer Championship!

Post by armstein »

Armstein reporting in from the Eastern Front!

Armstein as Axis and Random27 as USSR.

Long battle dealing with partisans coming out of the woodwork ending on turn 19 with a decisive Axis victory for Armstein.
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

kondi754 wrote:
yoky wrote:Yes, it was really hard fight to the last man... I wanted to write AAR, but let the winner has the privilege to write it from his perspective, afterwards I will add my view :P
I agree with your observations except of the third - I had all the time bad feeling that I play not just against one player, I knew there are many :lol: I was frustrated with low real killing points of your units in opposite to the estimation shown to me before making the attacks. Now I see that also your wife crossed fingers for your units :D So, my attacks were focused and your units should be exterminated according the PC estimations but after several attacks (when your units should be exterminated) I had no free unit to finish them...
And comment to your second observation: I saw that I'm going out of time therefore I tried to go around the main front line and get some space&points from behind, but I failed to make it properly.
Anyhow, Shilod, I wish you to win the Tournament because then I will know that I was beaten by the King :twisted:
I played this map just for the second time and I have open question to all the players: please, do you think that this map is well balanced?
Hi Yoky,

I think this map is badly balanced for one-match per round format and the results of the second round may be unfair in some cases.
An experienced player if he is lucky and had possibility of choosing side will surely not lose when he selects the Russians.:)
It's not only my opinion, but my opponent Riker(plays Soviets) thinks the same way. He has organized mp tournaments for many years, so he knows what he's talking about. He proposed we play a rematch.
I think this map requires 2 duels (paired matches), that could also be the reason for so many gaveups.

We still play our duel...
I am curious what is the statistics of side wins in this round.
In the first stage was almost a tie, now it seems to me Soviets victory is much more this time.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

I will post the results like before at the end of the round, half are finished as of this morning and so far Allies have greater amount of wins.

I am hoping to hear from the other 8 match ups that have not given me an update as of this morning.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Shilod
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Shilod »

Good evening! Yesterday i promiced to write an AAR - but can't do it today, because was busy repairing faucet in bathroom ) I'll try to post it as soon s possible. And, another question - some people says that "Summer offensive" is totally unbalanced scenario. Before i played this map only once - it was about 1 year ago. And i play Soviet side. Today i've made 2 games with this scenario. And, in both games i play German side. Both challenges were quickly accepted. So, until 3-rd round of tournament begins i'll try to beat my defending opponents, and, if i have a free time, describe those battles. Thanks for attention! Out! :wink:
TonyAfan
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by TonyAfan »

I am a newcomer to panzer corps I have only been playing multiplayer a few months and then against a narrow field of opponents. I have played the scenario once as a paired game and I found the axis the easier side to play. I had a narrow victory as the allies and a decisive victory as the axis. However a friend of mine played as the axis in this tournament and surrendered.
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

I have played both sides, but only once or twice - and a long time ago. I believe I won with both sides, but I can remember wrongly. I do believe I know the key strategy for the Axis, but won't "spill the beans" here too much if there are still games underway. I don't think having a load of tactical bombers are the key, though. But the russians have a whole lot of ground to cover so what can be good at getting past the defences? :-) And there are probably more ways to win than that for the Axis.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Wait for statistics.
There will be a huge advantage of Russian victories.
Our feelings doesn't matter, only statistics will be valid. :wink:

Apart from everything, paired games are fairer.
Last edited by kondi754 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyAfan

Post by TonyAfan »

In a paired game what would happen if, for example, in the current scenario both players lose as axis and win as the allies. That would be a draw I assume, so who goes through?
Last edited by TonyAfan on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TonyAfan

Post by TonyAfan »

What kind of percentage split do you think it will be in favour of the allied side 80%- 20%, 70%-30% or perhaps higher?
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

TonyAfan wrote:In a paired game what would happen if, for example, in the current scenario both players lose as axis and win as the allies. That would be a draw I assume, so who goes through?
Then the number of objectives captured or the number of lost units counts
I will not tell you what proportion will be, but I think it'll be too big to be considered as coincidence :wink:

According to the reports posted in this thread:
5 games for Soviets, 2 games for Axis
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

A little recap of where we're at!

Results for round 2 will be entered after all matches are finished.

Shilod

Post by Shilod »

kondi754 wrote: According to the reports posted in this thread:
Don't you think, that 5 players that won as allies just playing better than their opponents ? And where did you take the rule - that 50% of victories must be claimed by Allies and other 50 - by Axis???
TonyAfan

Post by TonyAfan »

''Then the number of objectives captured or the number of lost units counts
I will not tell you what proportion will be, but I think it'll be too big to be considered as coincidence :wink:''

For a fun tournament this seems to be an added complication. Also a lot of the games are struggling to complete with just the single game being played.
StefanDK
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by StefanDK »

Not all of us are able to make more than one or two turns a day - I asked about this beforehand and it was acceptable I was told. My game ended with my opponent surrending on turn 9, but we might still be at it if he had not surrendered. Just saying...
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Shilod wrote:
Don't you think, that 5 players that won as allies just playing better than their opponents ? And where did you take the rule - that 50% of victories must be claimed by Allies and other 50 - by Axis???
Maybe, or maybe they were lucky because they met the weak opponents. :lol: (I'm kidding, let no one take it to yourself.)
I assume the situation that both players are at the same level and the player who plays the Soviets has an advantage.
Besides, I clearly wrote that the results of some matches can be distorted, not all. :wink:

I wrote - let's wait for the overall statistics.
Even Goose confirmed that the advantage in the results on the Soviets side is large in this round, and he has much more information, because part of the players reported only to him.
If I'm wrong, I'll withdraw all publicly :)
yoky

Post by yoky »

Shilod wrote:
Ideally, if the map is well balanced, the players are skilled equally and there is a large amount of matches then the results should be 50%:50% to each side, it's pure mathematics - statistics. You can see the results from the first round that the results are balanced almost 50%:50%. Of course, if the amount of matches is smaller like we do in the 2nd round of Tournament, then also the result will not be so crystalic 50%:50% but something very close (my guess is 40%:60% at maximum). If the portion will be much unequal then it just means the map is not well balanced (I also suppose that in the second round of Tournament are just experienced players :-) )
kingshafter

Post by kingshafter »

Kingshafter’s Allies victorious against italianopribe’s Axis on turn 20
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

6 for Soviets, 2 for Axis :)
Fabio3110
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Fabio3110 »

Fabio3110 (Soviets) - Docsh (Axis)
Soviet victory, Docsh put up a hard attack until the last turn.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

Soviet - Axis 7:2 (hockey result :) )

Postby TonyAfan » 29 Jun 2017 11:59
''Then the number of objectives captured or the number of lost units counts
I will not tell you what proportion will be, but I think it'll be too big to be considered as coincidence :wink:''

For a fun tournament this seems to be an added complication. Also a lot of the games are struggling to complete with just the single game being played.

Postby StefanDK » 29 Jun 2017 12:02
Not all of us are able to make more than one or two turns a day - I asked about this beforehand and it was acceptable I was told. My game ended with my opponent surrending on turn 9, but we might still be at it if he had not surrendered. Just saying...
In the end, let Goose draw pairs of players and who plays which side.
Then everyone would know everything and could start preparing tactics or friendly games.
Sometimes a man waits 3 or 4 days (or longer) before the opponent determines which side wants to play.
It's also unfair.

Return to “News & Announcements”