Basics of LOEG anyone?

Moderators: pantherboy, Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft

McHarg
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Basics of LOEG anyone?

Post by McHarg »

Hello all,

I just started playing FOG digital. I am currently getting knocked out of the Slitherine Trophy tourney, and was looking around for another chance to learn by playing:-) I saw a note about this tournament from Pete.

I have to admit after looking over the forums, I don't really know how you have organized the tourney. Would anyone care to comment on the general organization of the tournament? Single elimination, double, fixed army/list etc?

Thanks much, and good gaming!

Geoff
voskarp
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Basics of LOEG anyone?

Post by voskarp »

I don't know when next LoEG is starting, and this season it will have a new format.

If you're up for playing I could recommend FoG Digital League. It's in a neighbor subforum, and recruitment is underway.

Cheers
/Oskar
Tiavals

Re: Basics of LOEG anyone?

Post by Tiavals »

Previous LOEGs have been based roughly like this:

You choose an army(and two more in case you can't get the one you wanted). Players are divided to roughly 3 sub categories based on their playing ability. Each player plays once against all of the other players in his subcategory(usually around 10 players in each). You get points for a win and some for a draw, none for a loss. After all have played against each other, points are tallied up and the one who has the most points wins that particular subcategory(usually the two people who did the best get to the upper category, and those who did the worst drop to the lower one).
The army list you choose in the beginning stays the same, but you can customize it to your liking before each battle.

This is how it used to be, there may be some bigger or smaller changes in the next one, as far as I understood.

Return to “Field of Glory: League of Extraordinary Gentleman”