Drawn games and other new ideas for LOEG . . .

Moderators: pantherboy, Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Drawn games and other new ideas for LOEG . . .

Post by batesmotel »

I would allow all the non-Dailami armies to have as many armoured MF as they are allowed. For Dailami armies I think it would make sense to restrict armour to a proportion of the MF, e.g. 1/3 or 1/2, rather than to a specific number.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

batesmotel wrote:I would allow all the non-Dailami armies to have as many armoured MF as they are allowed. For Dailami armies I think it would make sense to restrict armour to a proportion of the MF, e.g. 1/3 or 1/2, rather than to a specific number.

Chris

How does the TT have the Dailami list set up Chris? IMHO It seems it should be an all or nothing deal, Ie all armoured or all protected....
voskarp
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by voskarp »

Why not just raise the cost for troops with supporting archers?
bagration1812
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by bagration1812 »

From memory, that's how the TT version does it. Third rank shooters cost extra. That's one of my main gripes with the PC version. Free shooters.

Cheers -

bagration
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

One thing the table top is / does , is it has a much more complicated list purchase dynamics than the PC version. For example, late romans can can take legions with LF support bows, but then they cant purchase any "independent' medium bow Bg's.. The idea is prior to battle these bowman broke down into "platoons" or whatnot and joined a legion BG for close support... More of an either or thingie.

Increasing the cost is likely the only viable option
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

bagration1812 wrote:From memory, that's how the TT version does it. Third rank shooters cost extra. That's one of my main gripes with the PC version. Free shooters.

Cheers -

bagration
In the TT lists, the LF supporting archers are bought as additional stands in the BG and cost the additional points for these stands. They also increase the size of the BG thus making it more resistant to casualties and can also contribute to a limited degree in melee combat. So their functionality in the digital version is significantly different. They will cost extra as I understand it in the new version of FoG when it is released. Keith had intended to do that in the current version but never added it before development ceased on the current version.

Chris
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

TheGrayMouser wrote:
batesmotel wrote:I would allow all the non-Dailami armies to have as many armoured MF as they are allowed. For Dailami armies I think it would make sense to restrict armour to a proportion of the MF, e.g. 1/3 or 1/2, rather than to a specific number.

Chris

How does the TT have the Dailami list set up Chris? IMHO It seems it should be an all or nothing deal, Ie all armoured or all protected....
I believe the current list is like the DAG list in allowing any mix of armoured and protected Dailami. There was talk of limiting the number of armoured BGs during V2 development but it didn't make it into the list changes in the appendix of V2 and no V2 version of the book including them has been published yet.

Chris

Return to “Field of Glory: League of Extraordinary Gentleman”