LoEG Results & Tables

Moderators: pantherboy, Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft

pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

LoEG Results & Tables

Post by pantherboy »

Last edited by pantherboy on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:20 am, edited 66 times in total.
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

Last edited by pantherboy on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Player Performance Tables

Post by pantherboy »

Last edited by pantherboy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Fantastic stuff, Steve. I really like the way you have done the medals table. :D
Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Lysimachos »

Great job, really!

I'm stunned .. :shock:
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

As much as I appreciate the gold medal assigned to me, I can't remember ever winning a division unless it was the very first qualifying division? I'm assuming that this is a typo, and I should have a silver medal from Season 5 instead? EDIT: Ignore the silver comment, I just noticed that the table is only up to end of season 4! :oops:

Hey Deeter: I knew we were always a good match for each other, but I'd never have dreamt we were same win % and same kill ratio! Now that's bizarre!
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

Morbio wrote:As much as I appreciate the gold medal assigned to me, I can't remember ever winning a division unless it was the very first qualifying division? I'm assuming that this is a typo, and I should have a silver medal from Season 5 instead? EDIT: Ignore the silver comment, I just noticed that the table is only up to end of season 4! :oops:

Hey Deeter: I knew we were always a good match for each other, but I'd never have dreamt we were same win % and same kill ratio! Now that's bizarre!
The gold is for winning your group round (which in essence is the same as a division since it was comprised of 8 players).

Cheers,

Steve
Morbio

Post by Morbio »

pantherboy wrote:
Morbio wrote:As much as I appreciate the gold medal assigned to me, I can't remember ever winning a division unless it was the very first qualifying division? I'm assuming that this is a typo, and I should have a silver medal from Season 5 instead? EDIT: Ignore the silver comment, I just noticed that the table is only up to end of season 4! :oops:

The gold is for winning your group round (which in essence is the same as a division since it was comprised of 8 players).

Cheers,

Steve
Thanks Steve for the prompt response.

Deeter: Just noticed the medal tally is the same too! Now I'm getting worried :shock:
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

Season 1

Group Round

Morbio

Post by Morbio »

Pantherboy: The images / links in the first post don't seem to be working :(
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

Tables have been updated to the end of Season 5.
Morbio

Post by Morbio »

Thanks Steve, but for some reason the listing between 'gu' and 'ni' seems to be broken and is not displaying.

EDIT: I've just accessed this by the link in the Super League post and now most of the images aren't displaying.. I'm just getting little rectangles with red diagonal crosses. I'm wondering if it is just my PC or if there is another problem? I don't usually have a problem seeing images in the forum :?

NEW EDIT: Having edited this post and redisplayed the post all the images are OK! It must be something network or PC related :?

FINAL EDIT(?): I think the problem is the forum not working well with IE9. Ive switched on 'Compatibility View' and it displays OK and looks a lot better.

ONE MORE EDIT: I'm now getting inconsistent display results even with IE9 compatibility mode - It seems I was lucky last time. I just have to keep trying until I get a successful load!

DEFINITELY FINAL EDIT: I've sorted the problem. It's my Bluecoat K9 Web Protection system I use to restrict the sites available to my kids. It doesn't like Google very much (where the images are stored) because it thinks it is a social networking site and that is restricted! All I have to do is enter supervisor mode and it's OK.

P.S. There is something odd with the results. There is a difference of 2 between the total games won and the total games lost, yet these must be equal because every time someone wins then someone loses too and vice versa.
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Army Performance Tables

Post by pantherboy »

Last edited by pantherboy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Morbio wrote: P.S. There is something odd with the results. There is a difference of 2 between the total games won and the total games lost, yet these must be equal because every time someone wins then someone loses too and vice versa.
Yes, I think the figures should either read . . .

Total games played 5025
Total games drawn 160
Total games won 4865
Total games lost 4865

For every winner of a game, there will also be a loser and these numbers should be the same. So all you have to do is deduct the number of drawn games from the total. But 5025 does seem a very high total number of games played (unless that 5025 represents each opponent participating in a game, in which case it should be an even number).

I think it is more likely that the number of matches actually played is either 2434 or 2432 plus the 160 drawn games, so . . .

Total games played 2592 or 2594
Total games drawn 160
Total games won 2432 or 2434
Total games lost 2432 or 2434

Personally, I would just give the number of games played and the number of games drawn (maybe as a percentage as well). So all that needs doing is to re-check the total number of matches played from Season 1 to Season 5.
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

stockwellpete wrote:
Morbio wrote: P.S. There is something odd with the results. There is a difference of 2 between the total games won and the total games lost, yet these must be equal because every time someone wins then someone loses too and vice versa.

Total games played 5025
Total games drawn 160
Total games won 4865
Total games lost 4865

For every winner of a game, there will also be a loser and these numbers should be the same. So all you have to do is deduct the number of drawn games from the total. But 5025 does seem a very high total number of games played (unless that 5025 represents each opponent participating in a game, in which case it should be an even number).

I think it is more likely that the number of matches actually played is either 2434 or 2432 plus the 160 drawn games, so . . .

Total games drawn 160

Personally, I would just give the number of games played and the number of games drawn (maybe as a percentage as well). So all that needs doing is to re-check the total number of matches played from Season 1 to Season 5.
Your correct. I haven't divided total games and drawn games by 2. There are some discrepancies due to not every result having been recorded. For example a player who played 2 or 3 games and then went on indefinite hiatus I've recorded their result for the active player but deleted the delinquent player from the league. Basically I don't keep track of players who drop without finishing a single season leaving without notification. Next time (next season) I update the tables they will incorporate dividing games/draws.

Cheers,

Steve
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

stockwellpete wrote:

Total games played 5025
Total games drawn 160
Total games won 4865
Total games lost 4865

Total games drawn 160

Your correct. I haven't divided total games and drawn games by 2. There are some discrepancies due to not every result having been recorded. For example a player who played 2 or 3 games and then went on indefinite hiatus I've recorded their result for the active player but deleted the delinquent player from the league. Basically I don't keep track of players who drop without finishing a single season leaving without notification. Next time (next season) I update the tables they will incorporate dividing games/draws.

Cheers,

Steve
CheAhn
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by CheAhn »

How is the rating calculated?
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

pantherboy wrote: Your correct. I haven't divided total games and drawn games by 2. There are some discrepancies due to not every result having been recorded. For example a player who played 2 or 3 games and then went on indefinite hiatus I've recorded their result for the active player but deleted the delinquent player from the league. Basically I don't keep track of players who drop without finishing a single season leaving without notification. Next time (next season) I update the tables they will incorporate dividing games/draws.

Cheers,

Steve
Ah . . . so there have only been 80 drawn games in total then?
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

CheAhn wrote:How is the rating calculated?
Do you mean the individual player ratings? Basically -a scale of 10-8-6-4-2 for wins and 5-4-3-2-1 for draws depending on what level (division) you are playing in. Stats start from Season 3. LT competition in Season 5 all treated as "A" division matches. Season 6 results will be added to current data, then Season 7 will replace Season 3, season 8 will replace Season 4 and so on - to give a rolling assessment. Players only get a rating once they have played 30 LOEG matches. Players will be removed from the table if they miss 4 consecutive seasons.

There is just one outstanding issue - whether drawn games will still count or be considered void for player ratings from Season 6 onwards. Steve?
pantherboy
Tournament 3rd Place
Tournament 3rd Place

Post by pantherboy »

Tables Updated

Return to “Field of Glory: League of Extraordinary Gentleman”