Swiss arquebusiers in 15mm

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

Midlander65
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Swiss arquebusiers in 15mm

Post by Midlander65 »

I finally finished the arquebusiers to screen my Swiss pike keil over the Christmas holidays, in time for a FOG-R game yesterday against a German States army.

The figures are from Khurusan, the same as most of those in the keil. Like the other Khurusan figures, they are quite slender (or realistically proportioned, compared with the stocky cartoon figures from most other manufacturers) and well detailed but maybe not the easiest figures to paint.

The Swiss banners are based on the Pavia tapestries and information from Massimo Predonzani’s book on the battle of Cérisoles. Predonzani’s states that by 1525 infantry flags were 3.7x2.8 m. On the basis that 15mm (in reality 16-18mm ground to head) is about 1:100 I tried 37x28 mm but that looked far too big. For the pike block I reduced the flags to about 24x32 but even that seems big - to the extent that they interfere with the pikes in the third rank. If I had realised before basing just how big they would be, I would maybe have used a double-depth base for the centre of the keil and put all the flags on that. I further reduced the flag for the Aquebusiers to 20x27 mm - it still looks big but is rather more manageable.

The Swiss flags were drawn using the basic drawing tools in Microsoft Excel and printed out on an inkjet.

One thing after painting all these Swiss - it will be a long time before I can face painting anything with lots of tiny stripes!

Midlander65
smallitalianwars.blogspot.co.uk
ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Swiss arquebusiers in 15mm

Post by ravenflight »

nice
stancolleymore
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by stancolleymore »

Cracking stuff :D

Figures and scenery has a great attention to detail - wish I could do the same :(
madlemmey
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by madlemmey »

Very nice! 8)

Return to “Modelling”