Imjin War Koreans

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

SuleimanMagnifico
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Imjin War Koreans

Post by SuleimanMagnifico »

Any advice on purchasing minis for this army, assembling a suitable list for opposing Japanese & Ming Chinese, & tactical tips would be very much appreciated. My only knowledge of this period is what's written in the Colonies & Conquest book, & the Wiki article on the war itself. If it makes any difference, this army is intended solely for friendlies at the club, & as such I'd like to make it as "historical" as possible, since we'll only be fighting historical opponents.

FWIW, I know both Old Glory & (IIRC) Eureka make suitable minis, but both lines have some issues ... OG apparently makes no arquebus-armed minis, & the Eureka archers don't look suitable for "conscript" infantry to me, though I thought of maybe using archers in the "regular" infantry blocks & crossbows in the conscripts, to differentiate them.

I also still have not decided if we're going for the early period with the Ubyong & Subyong foot, or the later period with arquebus. One issue (IMO) is that neither OG nor Eureka seem to make minis for these troops, & I've no idea how to replace them.

Thanks, in advance!
ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: Imjin War Koreans

Post by ravenflight »

The only advice I can give is on the minis. I'm building a Japanese army of the period (see my other posts) and have bought the Eureka Japanese. They are simply stunning. I was given a sample of some Chinese, which is Nik's standard thing when you buy an army off him.

I think if you can at all make it work, use Eureka.
SuleimanMagnifico

Re: Imjin War Koreans

Post by SuleimanMagnifico »

Thanx ... yes, indeed, the Eurekas are very pretty, & since I can order them individually, they're a good bet. We'll probably end up going with them, when I finally get around to this project ... but other projects have now jumped up in my face & the Koreans need to be put off until I think later this year. But thank you very much for the advice!

Return to “Army Design”