Game Idea: Franco-Prussian War

Got a great idea for a game - why not post it here!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Game Idea: Franco-Prussian War

Post by AlexDetrojan »

To my knowledge this war has not been done for PC. I'm thinking not on a strategic scale but likely battalion or less. Anyone else curious about a game on this conflict?
Cheers
Alex
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Game Idea: Franco-Prussian War

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Strategic Command WWI has a scenario on the 1870 war. While I haven't played that scenario myself basically every entry in the series has been great so I imagine that one is too.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Age of rifles had several FP scenarios as well as a monstrous konnigratz from the Austrian-Prussian war. Ahh how I miss that game. Toaw games always have a few user made scenarios covering the above, and there is a dlc available to start with that war for Pride of Nations. I have hunch we might see something from John tiller games( hopefully someday)
SmashingST
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by SmashingST »

I'd like to see the reconstruction of the battle of Gravelotte in a computer game. It was the largest battle during the Franco-Prussian War.
ahuyton
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by ahuyton »

I agree that this conflict was particularly interesting. Mass set-piece battles, differences in weaponry which would create tactical choices, etc. And still colourful as well.

The ideal would be a FoG/P&S style tactical game covering 1860-1911, with lots of scope for different conflicts bit similar army composition. Don't know if there is there is the player base to support it though.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

ahuyton wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:53 am I agree that this conflict was particularly interesting. Mass set-piece battles, differences in weaponry which would create tactical choices, etc. And still colourful as well.

The ideal would be a FoG/P&S style tactical game covering 1860-1911, with lots of scope for different conflicts bit similar army composition. Don't know if there is there is the player base to support it though.
I would be interested in this period. I think you might want to include the Crimean War from the 1850s in the timespan of a game like this. The Danish-Prussian wars would be of interest to me after watching a fantastic box set called "1864".

Return to “Game Ideas”