Battlefleet Gothic

Got a great idea for a game - why not post it here!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

NeighborKid
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Battlefleet Gothic

Post by NeighborKid »

I'm kind of surprised that Slitherine hasn't looked into Battlefleet Gothic. Would make a great game looking at Battlestar Galactical Deadlock. Tinderlos Did a good job of making and RTS, but really dropped the ball in balance and replayability of the campaign not to mention lack of support after the fact.

40k Certainly has enough ships(save for say the dark eldar) and lore to really make a great space turn based grand strategy space game, with dead lock battles.

Been playing endless space 2, and do I wish for a BFG/40k lore game like that, but I looking at Deadlock, a mixture of that and overall grandstrat(kind of a mix from total war) I think BFG would make a great game. Would need to add some ship customization, but overall I think Sliterine already being acquainted with the 40K IP would have some headroom to make something awesome.

Kind of surprised I didn't see anything when I did a search.
Aekar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Battlefleet Gothic

Post by Aekar »

I would suppose that Games Workshop sold lasting license rights to Tindalos Interactive for that setting, and that they should last several years from their release.
Also, with Battlefleet Gothic 2 coming too, that should last several more years.

If that would not be the case, however, then it would be great indeed!
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: Battlefleet Gothic

Post by DonCzirr »

Well - there may be some wiggle room.

After Battle Fleet Gothic came out on PC - which I would not touch with a 10 foot pole since it was Real Time, a company named Grand Cauldron published a game called Battle Fleet Gothic Leviathan on Mobile.

Not sure if it was legal though since - all of a sudden, one day they were gone. Apps pulled off the AppStore and Google Play etc.

It's unfortunate too - since it was a really good game and some of the BFG table top players said it was the closest thing to the original.

I too would like to see Slitherine grab that part of the franchise and save it from Real Time bubble-gum cracking, mouse mashing, You got PWNed Bro!, twitch mindlessness ....
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896

Return to “Game Ideas”