Warhammer 40,000 Franchise Game Idea

Got a great idea for a game - why not post it here!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

stilicho920451
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Warhammer 40,000 Franchise Game Idea

Post by stilicho920451 »

Hello all,

First I wanted to thank Slitherine for the excellent Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon game, I have greatly enjoyed the hours I have poured into it! I also wanted to recommend a new idea for a new entry into the Warhammer 40,000 Franchise that would potentially reinvigorate it and be quite lucrative. Recently, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III was released and has been a sincere disappointment to many of the series' fans, with it receiving largely poor reviews on Steam. The game concept that I would propose is one inspired by games such as the original Dawn of War as well as Star Wars: Empire At War Forces of Corruption. Those familiar with the former would know it for base building, control points, customizable squads, and vehicle aspects of the game; those familiar with the latter would know it for the scale of its campaign with land and space battles (55 planets in grand campaign). They both have much in common as well such as cover systems, unit special abilities, heroes, and each faction was unique in both titles.

I feel that merging these concepts would result in a very successful real-time strategy title and entry in the Warhammer 40,000 franchise for Slitherine, and successfully hit the mark that Dawn of War III utterly missed. You could start with a base of four factions i.e. Imperials, Chaos, Eldar, and Orcs, but then look to expand the game with additional content such as campaigns, factions (Tyranids, Necrons, Tau, unique chapters, etc), planets, and so forth. The project would likely be a very ambitious undertaking to handle such a breadth of content dedicated to Warhammer 40,000 lore, but I believe that it could be one of the most successful RTS games in many years.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Warhammer 40,000 Franchise Game Idea

Post by zakblood »

what were your thoughts on Warhammer 40,000 Sanctus Reach?

if i may ask and wonder
stilicho920451

Re: Warhammer 40,000 Franchise Game Idea

Post by stilicho920451 »

Thank you for your reply, admittedly I have not yet gotten to play Sanctus Reach yet. I made the unfortunate mistake of purchasing Dawn Of War III first, despite my gut feelings telling me buy Sanctus Reach first! I was very loyal to the series until that one, as it is what introduced me to Warhammer 40,000, I played those games and then expanded to playing the tabletop game during 5th edition with Space Marines, Tyranids, and Space Wolves! Unfortunately the series no longer resembles the original titles, eschewing what made the series stand out to cater to multiplayer MOBA content. Sanctus Reach looks quite promising though and when I get paid next I will likely get it (the reviews are definitely encouraging!), but I wanted to make my suggestion to a company that I feel makes better use of the franchise license. I feel a game that features a non-linear galactic conquest campaign composed of both land and space battles, as well as the factions of 40k, would be both fun and very impressive in either RTS or turn-based formats. Once I get Sanctus Reach I can give you my comments on it however, right now I am inspired by a mixture of Victoria II, Dawn of War: Soulstorm, Empire: Total War, Star Wars: Empire at War, and Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon though!

Return to “Game Ideas”