Man to Man action games

Got a great idea for a game - why not post it here!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Terrement
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Man to Man action games

Post by Terrement »

I think there is a major unserved niche here. There was an old PC game (I think SST) that had western gunfights based on the Magnificent Seven and a number of historic shootouts like the last ride of the Daltons, Northfield Minnesota with the James - Younger gang, OK Corral, etc.

I think that there are two things that could be done in this regard. The specific game would be along the same lines with the capabilities of today. Scenarios could include historic shootouts from history, scenes from classic westerns. It would use "pre-rolled" characters for these. You could include an ability to create your own character, and a scenario engine as well. Even if not a complete scenario engine, a random generator like Battle Academy 2 with a certain number of preset "circumstances" like they have urban, farmlands and wilderness, as well as some flexibility in purchasing of units

Assuming this is do-able, the engine could be the basis for a number of different man to man games. Gangsters vs G-men, bank robberies and gang wars for a Roaring 20's style game. Squads meeting in a town for house to house fighting (Spanish Civil War through Iraq/ near future). If you include hand-to-hand and blade to blade, you add pirates, Three Musketeers, Robin Hood, Spartacus...

I'd be interested in you considering this sort of game. I know I'd enjoy it, the AI seems do-able for solo play, and there really isn't anything like this in a wargame (as opposed to "arcade style") done by wargamers for wargamers.

Ready for the Last Walkdown with Pike?

https://sp.yimg.com/xj/th?id=OIP.M7e011 ... =300&h=300

JJ

Return to “Game Ideas”