Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Godendag 2017 28th-29th January Cardiff

Post by rbodleyscott »

GODENDAG 2017

15mm ANCIENT/MEDIEVAL/RENAISSANCE DOUBLES COMPETITIONS

28th & 29th JANUARY 2017

New Venue:

Firestorm Games (Cardiff) (Tel: 02920 227117)
Trade Street
Penarth Road
Cardiff
CF10 5DT
United Kingdom

Field of Glory Competitions:

1) Field of Glory: Ancient/Medieval

THE MEDIEVAL WORLD

Any army from 600 AD.

The list submitted must not exceed 900 points.

Rules: See below

2) Field of Glory: Renaissance

EUROPE’S TRAGEDY

Any European army 1618-1648 (including Russia and Turkey).

The following list modifications and additional restrictions will apply:

To represent usual historical proportions in European armies of this period, ignoring artillery, the army cannot include more than 1 battle foot unit more than it has battle mounted units. (e.g. If you have 5 BGs of mounted battle troops, you can have up to 6 BGs of foot battle troops).

No more than half of all mounted battle troops can be Superior or Elite. Armies with insufficient Superior mounted battle troops in their army list to achieve this limit can upgrade whichever type of Average mounted troops in their list is most expensive in points to Superior to achieve the above limit.

No more than half of all foot battle troops can be Superior or Elite.

The army must have at least 6 bases of foot battle troops per heavy or medium artillery base.

The list submitted must not exceed 900 points.
Rules: See below

3) DBM

Any army. List not to exceed 500 points.

Umpire and list checker: John Graham-Leigh. jg007b4999@blueyonder.co.uk

4) L'Art de la Guerre

400 points doubles, made up of 2 x 200 point armies (each army must be no more than 210 points with a total combined army size of maximum 400 points). The armies chosen must be listed as potential allies in either army list.

Armies drawn from Ancient Period, Classical Period and Roman Period lists (1-124 inclusive)

4 Games, same games times as the other periods

List checker: Mike Baldwin plasgrug@hotmail.com

5) Mortem et Gloriam

12000 points singles. Any published army.

List checker: Alasdair Harley. alasdairharley@hotmail.com

--------------------------

Entry Cost:

Doubles: £25.00 per team of 2 for FOGAM, FOGR, DBM, ADLG.
Singles: £12.50 for Mortem et Gloriam.

Tickets are available from the Firestorm Games website: http://www.firestormgames.co.uk/events

QUERIES: Richard Bodley Scott, 28, Priory Gardens, Usk, Gwent, NP5 1AJ. (rbs@byzant.demon.co.uk)

--------------------------

FOGAM/FOGR tournament rules
1) Godendag is a Doubles competition. Each army is to be commanded by 2 players. Consideration will be given, however, to entries with only one player or three players if there are special circumstances.
2) The rules to be used are the current Field of Glory rules, together with the latest errata and FAQ posted on the official Field of Glory web site.
3) The competition will use the full rules including the terrain and set-up appendices. There will be no formal division of the battle groups comprising each army between the members of a team. It is usual, however, for each player to take control of the troops on about half of the battlefield.
4) The scoring system will be the standard FOG tournament scoring system, where 25 points are up for grabs each game.

5) Army lists must specify the number and size of battle groups and their order of march for deployment, and the number and type of commanders chosen. They should also include the total pre-battle initiative modifier and the territories list for the army. If the detached shot option is to be used, a second list differing only in this regard must be submitted. Once an army list has been submitted it may not be changed or altered other than to correct any errors. Players may only correct their errors by making reasonable changes to their list. It is not allowed to completely re-write the list, and the list checkers decision on this is final.
6) Please note that the Godendag 2016 Field of Glory event is a single list format. Any incorrect list discovered after a game has commenced (after set up dice have been rolled) must be corrected prior to deployment if spotted in time, and fully corrected in any case before the next match.
7) Army lists must be submitted for checking in advance and must be received by the Tournament Organiser by 6th JANUARY 2016.
8 ) The Tournament Organiser and List Checker is Richard Bodley Scott (rbs@byzant.demon.co.uk) 28 Priory Gardens, Usk, Monmouthshire, NP5 1AJ.
9) Players must fully define their troops as they are placed on table. Figures must provide a reasonably accurate representation of the troops they are trying to represent – they must not look deliberately misleading.
10) Table size is 6' x 4' and players must supply their own cloth and terrain pieces. These must be to an acceptable standard, and umpires will have the discretion to remove unsightly items. In addition all figures must be representative and painted and based to an acceptable standard.
11) Players must be present and ready to start the match at the appointed time. Where a player has a reasonable excuse for arriving late the match start will be delayed by up to 30 minutes. After which time the affected player will be awarded a bye. No player will be awarded more than one bye for any reason.
12) If a player resigns from a game at any stage after the first set up dice have been rolled their opponents will be awarded maximum points, and they will be awarded 0 points.
13) Time will be called after 3 hours 20 minutes plus up to 10 minutes. Play will stop at the end of the current phase. Players may always commence games earlier than the stated time by mutual consent, in which case their game continues until time is officially called as normal.
14) Admission to the tournament is at the sole discretion of the organisers and their decision on all matters is final. CONTACT: Richard Bodley Scott, 28 Priory Gardens, Usk, Monmouthshire, NP5 1AJ
Richard Bodley Scott

urbanbunny1
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Godendag 2017 28th-29th January Cardiff

Post by urbanbunny1 »

Kevin and I will be there
viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by viking123 »

Stephen and I will be there.
benjones1211
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by benjones1211 »

Some comments about the FOGR Troop rules

1) Upgrading most expensive Mtd. Usually that is Armoured Carbine Pistol 11pts, rather than Armoured Pistol Pisto 10pts, Carabins where not known for being Superior during this period, most of the superior where Pistol/Pistol Units which is why you cannot get them Superior in most lists.

2) Making an army have only 1 more Foot BG than Mtd BG means some armies are difficult to make, for instance 1643 TYW French can only have 5 units of Mtd (unless they have allies as they used less % mtd than the rest of the European armies) Which means you have to bascically max out every none Foot BG to make up to 900pts after buying 6 Infantry and 5 Mtd. Cannot have any Commanded Shot due to being too few points per foot BG. Maybe making the limit 2 more foot than mtd would be better.
RonanTheLibrarian
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by RonanTheLibrarian »

David Hewkin and I will be entering from the Wessex Wargames Society. Some questions:

1) Post-Brexit, does a New Model Army (pre-1649) count as "European"?

2) Is the "no more than 50% of Mounted/Foot battle troops can be elite/superior" calculated by BGs or by bases?

3) When is the deadline for submitting armies? Most of the dates in the blurb above are for 2016.
"No plan survives the first contact with the dice."

"There is something wrong with our bloody dice today!"
RonanTheLibrarian

Is Richard Bodley Scott ok? No response to benjones1211 or my posts, or to my e-mailed army list. Anyone heard from him?

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

RonanTheLibrarian wrote:Is Richard Bodley Scott ok? No response to benjones1211 or my posts, or to my e-mailed army list. Anyone heard from him?

I was chatting on email with him yesterday.

You are obviously not important enough :wink: :lol:
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk
RonanTheLibrarian

My level of importance (or lack of) is pretty much a given :oops: - I was just concerned about his health.

(OK, yes, and having to find another army if my original submission wasn't considered "kosha" 8) .)

viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by viking123 »

Just two weeks to Godendag 2017. Any word on runners and riders yet?

I noticed from the Firestorm Games website that it appears we have an odd number of teams.

Bob
RonanTheLibrarian

Is that from the link above, or a different one? I'm still seeing 16 (despite confirmation of my entry), which is what it said before I signed up on January 6th.

Where's everyone staying, btw?

viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by viking123 »

I must say the website is not clear. It says Tickets 16 but also shows Availability: 5.

Richard has advised me that 10 teams have booked for the competition so far. It would be great for a couple more teams.

Bob
dene
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by dene »

Hi Brendan,

The Burton teams are staying at Premier Inn Cardiff Roath.

regards Dene
madaxeman
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by madaxeman »

viking123 wrote:I must say the website is not clear. It says Tickets 16 but also shows Availability: 5.

Richard has advised me that 10 teams have booked for the competition so far. It would be great for a couple more teams.

Bob
That's probably right. It would mean 16 places set up in the booking system, 10 teams entered, but oly 5 of the 16 places left because an Australian wasn't able to understand that each ticket was for the team of two players, and so had paid for tickets for both him AND his partner....
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
RonanTheLibrarian

dene wrote:The Burton teams are staying at Premier Inn Cardiff Roath.
I appear to be at the Premier Inn at Keen Road.

I'm also now short of a partner, as a house fire has caused mine to pull out, and I can't cancel the extra room. If anyone knows someone who doesn't mind finishing last.....

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Runners and Riders:

Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

benjones1211 wrote:Some comments about the FOGR Troop rules

1) Upgrading most expensive Mtd. Usually that is Armoured Carbine Pistol 11pts, rather than Armoured Pistol Pisto 10pts, Carabins where not known for being Superior during this period, most of the superior where Pistol/Pistol Units which is why you cannot get them Superior in most lists.

2) Making an army have only 1 more Foot BG than Mtd BG means some armies are difficult to make, for instance 1643 TYW French can only have 5 units of Mtd (unless they have allies as they used less % mtd than the rest of the European armies) Which means you have to bascically max out every none Foot BG to make up to 900pts after buying 6 Infantry and 5 Mtd. Cannot have any Commanded Shot due to being too few points per foot BG. Maybe making the limit 2 more foot than mtd would be better.
No doubt you are right. I copied the special rules from the later period, where they work more smoothly. Ah well, too late now.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

RonanTheLibrarian wrote:David Hewkin and I will be entering from the Wessex Wargames Society. Some questions:

1) Post-Brexit, does a New Model Army (pre-1649) count as "European"?

2) Is the "no more than 50% of Mounted/Foot battle troops can be elite/superior" calculated by BGs or by bases?

3) When is the deadline for submitting armies? Most of the dates in the blurb above are for 2016.
Apologies for the delay in replying.

1) Yes, but not after Brexit is complete.
2) Bases.
3) 6th January.
Richard Bodley Scott

viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by viking123 »

That's a lot of TYW Germans.

Bob
viking123
Major - Jagdpanther