Southampton 2018 confirmed now CANCELLED

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

Vespasian28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Southampton 2018 confirmed now CANCELLED

Post by Vespasian28 »

I am pleased to announce that we will indeed be running the Southampton round of the Southern League again this year on Sunday September 23rd.

• FOGR 15mm 800 points
• Format - 3 x 2hr 30min games on pre-set terrain with first game commencing 09.00

• Period - Early 16th century Europe, Date 1494-1555
Maximillian Imperial, Italian Wars French, Trastamaran Spanish, Italian States, Italian Wars Venetian, German States, Early Henrician English, Later Henrician English, Scottish, Border Reivers, Irish, Anglo Irish, Peasant Wars (Not Hungarian), Caroline Imperialists, North African States and Early Ottoman Turkish

• Venue: Copythorne Parish Hall, Pollards Moor Road, Copythorne, Southampton SO40 2NZ (circa 5 mins from M27 Junction 1 with plentiful free onsite parking)
• Fee for the day is £15 plus £1 for tea, coffee and biscuits.

Closing date for entries will be Friday 7th September 2018 and Brendan Morrissey has very kindly agreed to list check so lists to him please: bdtmorrissey@aol.com

We are, though, old stick in the muds here in the New Forest so we will be using the original rules, lists and points with just a couple of universally agreed changes that have been in place for some time:

Artillery hit mounted on 5+
Artillery can no longer shoot through friendly LF
Light artillery can move as part of a division
Captured Artillery removed in JAP phase

We can accommodate 24 players at Copythorne and hopefully we will have enough people willing to play with the old rules to have the numbers to make it viable.
Last edited by Vespasian28 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tjelsworth
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Southampton 2018 confirmed

Post by tjelsworth »

I expect that you will get some of us from Oxford. Certainly I should like to attend. I do not think the new rules have great impact in this early period in any case.

Tom
Vespasian28

Re: Southampton 2018 confirmed now CANCELLED

Post by Vespasian28 »

Sorry all but we did not appear to be getting the same level as support as last year with even our local players having other commitments. So before I ran into the booking cancellation fee period for the hall I had to make a decision about the likely viability of the event and decided to cancel.

Return to “Tournaments ”