The Army of Flanders in Leganes, Madrid - Game 2 of 3

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

moncholee
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

The Army of Flanders in Leganes, Madrid - Game 2 of 3

Post by moncholee »

Game 2 - Later Polish

Another catholic army gets in my way. This time is a Polish army, an exotic army to our eyes of which I only know that its cavalry is strong and numerous, more powerful than mine. Rumours have reached Spain about the mighty hussars and their military feats.

The battlefield doesn´t favour me, only a vineyard on the extreme right can hamper its mounted hordes, so I expect that they will attack on the left, therefore I deploy close to my long edge on that flank. As I don´t expect my mounted to withstand theirs, I mix them with my infantry. Finally the Polish don´t depoly anything on the left but mass their cavalry on my right! Their infantry is in the center, behind field fortifivations and a wall. They have surprised me, but they will have to overcome the vineyard, which is occuppied by my dragoon units.

The enemy had a group of sup hussars, two of sup cossacks, one of ave cuirassiers, two of light horse, one of dragoons, two of ave pike and shot, two of ave musket and heavy weapons and one of artillery.

Spanish on the left and on the forefront:

Soldiers expectant before battle...

Battle begins and my dragoons get out of the vineyard two delay the advance of their cavalry.

On the rest of the line I maneuver looking for advantages. I still don´t have a clear idea where to use my cuirassiers, but at least they are safe from their hussars, which are deployed in front of dragoons and tercios.

I manage to face their cavalry with infantry, matching their more powereful units with superior or elite tercios. Their infantry doesn´t support the attack, standind behind defences. The enemy cavalry can´t find holes or suitable targets and their cuirassiers have to fight against mine and a Tercio Viejo. On my left flank two tercios try to outflank the enemy musket unit behind the wall.

Their cuirassiers are broken and mine pursuit like hell, threatening the flank of enemy infantry, which makes some comrades leave the fortifications to support them. A group of cossacks flee from infantry and cuirassiers.

On my right their cavalry can´t enter the vineyard. The hussars charge a Tercio Viejo. The enemy musketeers behind the wall expand their frontage to avoid being outflanked, firing and receiving inconclusive fire.

But it won´t be important, as the Polish army crumbles. Their mounted are broken, includind the hussars. Their infantry is surrounded and broken... The Polish flee the battlefield. Victory for the Army of Flanders! The dishonor of the first battle had been erased with a great victory with no casualties. Shame they weren´t heretics! :)

deadtorius
Field Marshal - Me 410A
Field Marshal - Me 410A

Re: The Army of Flanders in Leganes, Madrid - Game 2 of 3

Post by deadtorius »

Congratulations on your victory and remember if they lose they are Heretics :wink:
moncholee

Re: The Army of Flanders in Leganes, Madrid - Game 2 of 3

Post by moncholee »

That´s a good one! :D

Return to “After Action Reports (AAR's)”