Shooting over non visibility troops

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

marshalney2000
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Shooting over non visibility troops

Post by marshalney2000 »

Well I have never seen Don's sage rulings before Britcon last year. Can anyone share as there is still something for me to see.
John
kevinj
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by kevinj »

There were a number of visibility issues queried in lat year's pre-Britcon debate which were discussed in correspondence between Don and Richard as to how they should be ruled in anticipation of the next errata. I'm sure these were posted prior to Britcon last year but I couldn't find the posting.

These were:

· Villages do not block line of sight to targets beyond the village.
· If a terrain feature contains troops that are not visible due to the visibility rules, then troops beyond which are visible MAY be targeted.
· As defined by the rules, Impassable terrain can be either such as steep hills, a lake or quarry etc. Where such is steep hills (or maybe mountains), these WILL block Line of Sight; quarries and lakes DO NOT block LoS. Players must depict the appropriate terrain.

My memory was slightly off in that I'd thought the decision had been that you can only shoot through "invisible" enemy, but I'm happy that it's such a rare occurrence that it's not going to be a problem.
marshalney2000

Post by marshalney2000 »

Thank you for that.
So according to that wording both sides can shoot over non visible troops regardless of which side they are on. I am happy with that.
Re impassable terrain, I will just have to model thick trees around the edge of my 40 foot across sink hole!!
John

Return to “Rules Questions”