Way to get links ?

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Spock
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Way to get links ?

Post by Spock »

Hello community !

As others players, I discover many great mods on the forum but unfortunately, all links are broken on dropbox. It is saying "error 404"...

Can you reupload mods with a new link or upload it in zip ?

I hope you will see this post !

Have a nice day !

Sergent Spock
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Way to get links ?

Post by kondi754 »

I believe that Slitherine should collect such links, players and modders come and go, so we have no right to expect that someone will be here all the time and share their works non-stop...
It is Slitherine's duty to provide its customers with uninterrupted access to such content !!!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

who ever designs is the owner and has not only the files and rights etc, but the ability to host and keep it upto date with current builds, as per modding everywhere, here should be no different, unless game owner / makers and host eg the publishers alter the facts as per some game which already do it centrally eg FOG etc and a few others
mpetri
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by mpetri »

Unfortunately it looks like over the years links have either stopped working or changes to format mean that they don't download anymore.

Honestly I feel like the simplest solution would be just to transfer the various mods to the official downloads area
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

mpetri wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:20 pm Unfortunately it looks like over the years links have either stopped working or changes to format mean that they don't download anymore.

Honestly I feel like the simplest solution would be just to transfer the various mods to the official downloads area
I'd like that as well, however there's still the issue of having to ask for the creator's permission to allow for the transfer of their scenarios; as far as I know, dkdom hasn't resurfaced since probably early 2018 (at latest), and I doubt he's gonna be showing back up again soon if at all. I'll even admit I had pretty much left the game for some time until recently this summer.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

We can't legally take intellectual property in this way without permission.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

That's what I meant to say; sorry if the way I put it made no sense in context.

Return to “Battle Academy : Scenario Design”