French and allies Sp 1940 Campain- DkDom

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

dkdom
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

French and allies Sp 1940 Campain- DkDom

Post by dkdom »

L-O, i'm Dom, a french Player

I've benn working on a french/allies Sp campain since several month...
I'm A BA player since nearly two years. I've always played on boardgames or PC tactical wargames ( squad leader, Steel panther, close combat...) and most of the time designed maps or scenariis for each... Quite a passion for me...
So this is it. An eleven Maps Campain. Norway, Belgium and France.... Village defenses, cavalry charges and infantry assault.... Hope it will be fun for you. I've never been a script writer, so you will not have any surprise with the units, but I've spend a lot of time designing it or testing it...
All those maps are constructed on a larger scale than the usual campains with from 40 to 60 units... (It took me 6 hours to clean one map on a test...)

So, if you want to test it, the link is further, and I would be glad to have any feed back, report, suggestions about these maps....
So have fun, i'm very glad to share it with this community... :lol:

Ow, just one thing, a very spécial thank to Jean françois, who is my personnal (worldwide) tester and my friend.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/162 ... ALLIES.LST
dkdom
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: French and allies Sp 1940 Campain- DkDom

Post by dkdom »

I've made some screenshots of my tests... Here it is...

morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 »

Very nice!
johnpuryear
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by johnpuryear »

We'll done. I look forward to play testing it. I haven't seen an SP mission in a long time.
jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by jcb989 »

wow, the maps look great
cavehobbit

Post by cavehobbit »

The maps are looking great! Just had time to play a few turns yesterday, but had a look at the maps in the editor :wink:
morge4

Post by morge4 »

Just started the first scenario of the campaign. Very nice, good game play so far.

Noticing some strange LOS through the trees. My infantry can spot Germans through 5-6 squares of "Forest". May want to check that out. Scout unit just 'saw' the 5 German units as they moved into the forest. (sorry, one unit is covered by the info box of the scout)

collier4
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by collier4 »

Hi Dom.

Just downloaded the maps and will test them out over the next few weeks.

It looks great and thanks for sharing it.

Rob
best75
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by best75 »

Ah it nice to see a single player mod
johnpuryear

Post by johnpuryear »

I finished the first mission and am a few turns into the second. These are some of the most interesting maps I have seen. You have the scale right. I was also surprised about the line of sight issues, but I assumed you might have planned that. Forrest in winter are not opaque. Thanks for creating these maps. What are the chances of releasing them for some multi player scenarios?
dkdom
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by dkdom »

L-O everybody....

Fisrt, thanks for the replies, as you can all guess, i spend a lot of time of documentation, map design and testing on these maps... I'm glad that most of you enjoy playing it...
I think it will encourage me to publish my maps, because today, i think i have about thirty to fourty maps already done. (A D-Day campain, five normandy campains, and a 1940 german campain with some of the french campaign maps but played on the german side)

To morge4 and johnpuryear: I didn't touched anything to the units scripts, at one exception. (In a further map, I needed a 47AT french gun, so i used the US 57AT gun on which i wrote the stats of the SO35 main gun), but it is the one and only modification I've made to the original units. Could be an AI paradox... But I think the reason is more that in the way I created the maps, the Forest is denser on the heights and on the usual level, all tiles are not filled with forest tiles.... That could explain the direct LOS of your scouts....

To johnpuryear: I haven't tried yet to create MP maps, the first reason is yet that i don't have any MP partner yet who can help me to test these maps... But it is very tempting... I'm living in the South of France (Near Toulouse) and it is quite still sunny here (Moding is for me a winter occupation, :o ...) And Winter is coming.... It will take time to work at it, because i often saw a great problem of balance between each sides on most of MP maps i have tested... (One of the reason why i stopped playing the MP maps of the game....) But i am sure that some of the maps I designed could do great MP games.... In fact, it's very tempting... :D
morge4

Post by morge4 »

dkdom wrote:I haven't tried yet to create MP maps, the first reason is yet that i don't have any MP partner yet who can help me to test these maps... But it is very tempting...
If you do decided to work up some MP maps, I would be happy to playtest them against you...as I'm sure alot of members would also gladly assist with those.

Looking forward to your other map packs!
kingt
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by kingt »

Hey dkdom,

The maps looks great, plenty of details in these, keep up the great work.

I only play MP in BA, so looking forward to see your MP versions. If you need help testing, let me know as well.
collier4

Post by collier4 »

morge4 wrote:
dkdom wrote:I haven't tried yet to create MP maps, the first reason is yet that i don't have any MP partner yet who can help me to test these maps... But it is very tempting...
If you do decided to work up some MP maps, I would be happy to playtest them against you...as I'm sure alot of members would also gladly assist with those.

Looking forward to your other map packs!
+1
scole
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by scole »

Wow! I never play campaigns but decided to try this one. So far, so good. Beautiful maps and interesting scenarios. 2nd the request to investigate moving to MP but in the meantime I'll enjoy your great campaign. Merci.
johnpuryear

Post by johnpuryear »

I second what morge4 said; let us help you play test these maps for mp versions. They are certainly the most interesting maps I have seen. I've been waiting for someone out there to develop an Omaha beach map. It sounds like you have that, and much more. Thanks for sharing.
dkdom
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by dkdom »

Ok, for the test on Mp maps....
I think, i've got the response of all the questions i have about it, on the forum...
Just have to check the right maps.... Can't have anything ready within a month but when i'm ready, I will not have the time to test every map, so everyhelp needed will be welcome... :wink:
guardsman
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by guardsman »

I have only just discovered these maps. You clearly have a good eye and a great gift.

I now join the others to await your next development :D
Borg
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Borg »

I really congratulate and augur well the developer of this SP mod... I haven't seen an SP for a while for BA. PLEASE let this be a gentle message to other gifted developers out there, we want more :) not just MP, but SP. IMMERSIVE CAMPAIGNS.
We're not lost, Private, we're in Normandy.
peterjfrigate
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by peterjfrigate »

Dom: fantastic work and attention to detail. Much appreciated!!

Return to “Battle Academy : Scenario Design”