Scenarios by Cavehobbit

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

cavehobbit
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Scenarios by Cavehobbit

Post by cavehobbit »

Hi all,

I'd like to share some scenarios I've designed. Any feedback are welcome. If you would like to playtest scenarios in progress, please send me a pm.

/P-A, aka Cavehobbit

Normandy 1944 Map pack (v.1.0.1)

Ingouf Farm https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuo6owz218jhb ... 4.LST?dl=1
June 11th, 1944. US Airborne vs German Fallschirmsjäger. Both sides have Medic and Rally bonuses.

Player profile: MP
Platforms: PC, Mac, iPad
Victory conditions: The side holding most flags wins, equal number of flags is a draw.
Designers note: This is a scenario adapted from a tabletop scenario http://www.fireandfury.com/scenarios/ingouffarm.pdf.
The wooden areas does not block your view, i.e. units inside can see through other forest squares!
Playtesters: Honour79 and GottaLove88s. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------

Lingevres - In Progress!
Mini campaign for two players. Two battles.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

France 1940 Map pack (v. 1.0)

Boulogne https://www.dropbox.com/s/t71qi95yhcnrb ... 0.LST?dl=1
May 23rd, 1940. The Welsh Guards defend the approaches to Boulogne (east of Dunkirk) against the lead elements of the 2nd Panzer Division.

Player profile: MP
Platforms: PC, Mac, iPad
Victory conditions: The side holding most flags wins, equal number of flags is a draw.
Designers note: This is a scenario adapted from a tabletop scenario http://www.fireandfury.com/scenarios/sc ... ulogne.pdf.
Playtesters: Honour79 and LandMarine47. Thanks!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FGH'40 Tourney Map pack

https://www.dropbox.com/s/te5nn0cet46lz ... Y.LST?dl=1

CJS'44 Finale Tourney Map pack

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tetzsisia0ejm ... 6.LST?dl=1

Fightings north of Antwerp 1944 Map pack

Here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/snx578xejc2ag ... B.LST?dl=1
Here is a quick rundown of your maps

Scenario 1 Woensdrecht-Hoogerheide
In this battle, Canadian forces has to assault the two strategic villages of Woesndrecht and Hoogerhiede. The Germans were well fortified, and the flooding and rain turned the battlefield into a "muddy hell."

The Canadians will be leading a small convoy into the battlefield. Consisting of Shermans, M5 Recon tanks, WASPS, and Bren Carriers. They must also lead a massive infantry force to pierce the German forces in the marshes and forests as well as both the towns. While this is a strong force, the Germans will do everything they can to stop you from taking Woesndrecht and Hoogerhiede.

The Germans are playing a game of delaying. They are using engineers to place traps in the advance of the Canadian Forces, They are also reinforced with a very strong force of Fallschirmjägers, supported by elements of Kampfgroup Chill. Since moving through the flooded area is to difficult for the Canadians, it's an ideal place to harass Canadains troops with support from their scouts. They must also kill ALL scouts and WASPS before they reach the town. Or else things will get ugly.

Scenario 2 Black Friday
Here the Canadians launched a highly unsuccessful attack on a heavily fortified highway the Germans were using to move supplies. It was so bloody, The Canadian Black Watch regiment was whipped out during this attack after most of their officers were killed in the first wave. After it ended, it was dubbed "Balck Friday"

This one is tough for the Canadians. The Germans are fortified on a Hill with support from a StuG. You must first pierce the Germans defending the railway then attack a very heavily defended Train Station and Windmill this will not be easy to complete.

Germans must defend their positions at any cost. With a StuG, you can inflict heavy losses on your opponent. But be warned, the railway is a very hard place to defend, so don't go and waste all your men there. Use your defenses at the Windmill and Train Station to your advantage!

Scenario 3 Counter-Stroke
Noticing a weak point in the Canadian lines, Axis forces gather a massive amount of Armor and launch an Attack on Hoogerheide. The attack is so serious, the Canadians bring up their Precious Self Propelled Artillery to the front line, to inflict heavy losses on the advancing Germans. Anti-Tank guns are brought up and the Canadians must hold Hoogerheide at any cost!

This is a very desperate situation for the Canadians. A very strong force of German troops are arriving and will soon launch their attack. You must quickly unload your AT guns and prepare to destroy any advancing armor. The Germans have also brought in some powerful infantry forces supported by officers to clear out your infantry. Use your Priests to kill as many as them as you can! Careful as they are low on ammo and can't bombard anymore.

Germans this is your last chance to take Hoogerheide. You have amassed some powerful forces and are preparing to destroy the incoming Canadian convoy. Be warned as the Canadians have deployed all over the heavy woodlands and are ready for a bloody fight. Make sure you have Armor to destroy their Artillery guns. And officers should help your advance.

Scenario 4 Bergen-Op-Zoom
To stop the Germans from escaping to Walcheren Island, the Canadians must Capture Bergen-Op-Zoom, a Belgian port town. The Germans have been evacuating for days, and have left a strong rearguard with their remaining Fallschirmjägers and some Armor. Knowing they cannot allow anymore troops to escape, Canadian Forces launch their assault, and a bloodbath ensues.

Canadians this is going to be hard. You must dislodge the remaining Germans from this port! They are heavily fortified, and ready to fight to the bitter end. You are given officers to help your advance and a massive force to attack with. Don't fail here, because if you do, the Germans will escape to Walcheren Island, and dig in on that damned causeway!

Germans while your force is small, it's very strong. This is a city fight so your men will inflict unspeakable losses on the Canadians. You are provided with Armor to make sure your comrades escape from the Canadian advance. If you fail, your men will be cut off and destroyed! Not to mention our defenses at Walcheren island will be undermanned as well. The Fatherland entrusts you to win here!

Last edited by cavehobbit on Sun May 07, 2017 9:53 am, edited 8 times in total.
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Scenarios by Cavehobbit

Post by LandMarine47 »

Ok I just love the 1940 Map :) haven't done the other yet because I'm very busy at the moment but I do recommend more maps. Especially some Husky and Market Garden maps.
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

Btw the June 11th Map. It's in Brothers in Arms :) even the leader one of my favorite characters LT Col Robert Cole is depicted when he leads the main body of the 101st into an open field where MG 42's are waiting. If you haven't played BIA I highly recommend it for its a squad based game. 1 half strategy the other FPS.
leci
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by leci »

Hi - I'll place these in the Directory, but please confirm the platforms eg PC, Mac, iPad and whether these are SP and or MP.

Gilles
My directory of Battle Academy Playable Mods & Scenarios at viewtopic.php?f=87&t=43167

Gilles
cavehobbit

Post by cavehobbit »

Normandy'44 Map Pack updated. Thanks Enric for helping me fixing the smoke bug!
dickesKind
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by dickesKind »

cavehobbit wrote: France 1940 Map pack

Boulogne - In Progress!
MP game. May 23rd, 1940. The Welsh Guards defend the approaches to Boulogne (east of Dunkirk) against the lead elements of the Blitzkrieg.
Hi,

I really appreciate this. Way too less 1940 scenarios out there.
Looking forward to play this.

Regards...
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

dickesKind wrote:
cavehobbit wrote: France 1940 Map pack

Boulogne - In Progress!
MP game. May 23rd, 1940. The Welsh Guards defend the approaches to Boulogne (east of Dunkirk) against the lead elements of the Blitzkrieg.
Hi,

I really appreciate this. Way too less 1940 scenarios out there.
Looking forward to play this.

Regards...
It's a tough one for the Germans! Lots of open ground and the Brits have Killer Mortars guarded by AT Guns, Infantry and such.
cavehobbit

Post by cavehobbit »

First France 1940 scenario finished!

Have fun and don't forget to send me feedback :D

/P-A
LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by LandMarine47 »

This is one brutal battle for Cavehobbits upcoming Normandy Map Pack. As you can see its a complete slaughter due to my lack of tactical awareness and just plain bad luck. Beware for this is a River Crossing controlled by a Panzer Brigade with some Panthers! I'm playing Germans (Cavehobbit whiped me both times as I failed to commit a true assault across the river with my horde of British Infantry)
Attachments
Utter Death and Destruction
Utter Death and Destruction
image.jpg (193.71 KiB) Viewed 9156 times
cavehobbit

Post by cavehobbit »

Links fixed.
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G