Scenario Editor Help

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

panzerdude
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Scenario Editor Help

Post by panzerdude »

HI there;

I've looked over the forums and the nice PDFs posted on the site concerning scenario design. I had a couple of questions that I didn't find the answers to. The game is totally new to me so this will be really newbie questions! :)

1) I was testing the editor and made a scenario. When I make a challenge, while it does display in the list of challenges, if one clicks on it, the Accept arrow does not light up. Any suggestions why that would happen?

2) Can one make a multiplayer scenario where the players get to choose where they will deploy, rather than being already predeployed?

3) In the editor, there is a deployment mode button. What does that do?

4) In the editor, the country selection buttons seem to cycle through the countries and then just keeps incrementing higher and higher but blank. How does one get back to the original "real" factions

5) Can one make a multiplayer scenario where there is a prepurchased force but points left over to buy more stuff? Can one limit what and how many one can purchase, if that is the case?

Thank you for your help!
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Re: Scenario Editor Help

Post by junk2drive »

It has been a long time since I worked with the editor.

1 the scenario has to be in a multiplayer folder to play multiplayer. Both players need to have a copy of the folder I believe.

2 no

3 You can make a scenario where the player can move his troops in a deployment area but I don't remember if it is the deploy button that does this.

4 right click to go backwards

5 Check out Merr's work on random battles. Not sure if you can do what you want.
You can call me junk - and type that with one hand.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

1 - you need to include your scenarios in the CAMPAIGN.TXT file in your campaign folder. Check out one of the existing MP campaigns for an example.

2 - IIRC you can indeed have deployment scenarios in MP scenarios, but it only allows the first player who plays to deploy. Just use the Editor button to toggle deploy mode on.

3 - If you toggle deploy on, then the player will be able to move their units around at the start of the battle.

4 - right button, as Junk says.

5 - not currently, but I am hoping that functionality will be in the next update.

Cheers

Pip
panzerdude

Post by panzerdude »

Thanks, Guys, for the quick replies. I think they covered almost everything!

Regarding question 1 - I discovered that I can't accept any challenge I make on the PC, but I can on my iPad. Maybe that's why I had difficulty. Does the PC multiplayer lock you out from accepting your own challenges, but not on the iPad?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

No - but you do need to add a tweak to the USER.TXT file in My Documents/My Games/BBCBA on the PC and Mac to allow hotseat play. Just open the file, and add the line:

ALLOWMPHOTSEAT 1

then you can hotseat on the PC as well.

Cheers

Pip
panzerdude

Post by panzerdude »

Oh, brilliant, Pip! Thank you!
athineos
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by athineos »

If I want to create only One single player scenario do i need to include it in the CAMPAIGN.TXT file in the campaign folder? If not, where does it go? Thanks
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

In MP the campaign.txt file is required. In SP it should just find any missions in the scenarios folder.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Battle Academy : Scenario Design”