Submitting scenarios

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Submitting scenarios

Post by IainMcNeil »

If you have created a scenario, tested it and think its good enough for others to play then feel free to submit them to us for inclusion in future updates.

We can't promise to include them all and may have to make minor tweaks but would love to get your content out to as many people as possible.

Before submitting you should make sure it has been tested by other players and any bugs & balance issues have been resolved.

Once you have done this please a link to downloaad your map or campaign to info@slitherine.co.uk and we'll check it out!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

We are adding a system that allows users to download user created content from in game. We're now looking for content to add to the system!

The system will automatically download & place maps in the right place and they'll be immediately available to play.

We'd like to review your maps with a view to hosting them on our site if you are happy for us to host them :)

We also want multiplayer scenarios so if you have any of those you would like us to host let me know.

Just to be clear this is all free content - all we are doing is providing hosting for it and a UI for players to get it from in game hopefully greatly increasing the number of times people play your maps!

If this is of interest to anyone just let us know!

Thanks
Magnum
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Magnum »

I have created a multiplayer map, how do I make download it?
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

You have to submit it to Slitherine for them to review. They will add it to the server.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Correct - for now, just make it available to the community some other way (Dropbox link, etc) and we'll grab it, see how the community responds, and then grab it if you agree.

In the medium term we are going to be adding user uploading etc, but it requires some kind of moderation, rating, etc, so is a lot more back-end work.

Cheers

Pip
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Thank you, but I can't seem to locate the file, any clues on where it was saved?
junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive »

For Windows XP MyDocuments\MyGames\BBCBA\Campaigns or Multiplayer
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Got it, thank you very much.
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

I have created a map/scenario and the file is located in my campaign games. How do I move the file so I can use it in multiplayer? Is there a way my friends can access the file/map for multiplayer use?

Thanks.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

The campaign folder should be inside My Documents\My Games\BBCBA\Multiplayer to be available for use in multiplayer.

You'll need to share it using your own approach currently - many people have been using the simple Dropbox link sharing, or if you have your own webspace then a link to a zip will suffice. Once you are happy with it and you have good feedback from your 'beta testers' then we're happy to look at adding it to the downloadable content.

Cheers

Pip
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Thank you for the feedback. I have my new scenario and campaign games within the multiplayer section as described. The issue is when I go to start a multiplayer game, my scenario is not listed for play?

Any thoughts?

Thank you.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ah - multiplayer scenarios require a CAMPAIGN.TXT file (while single player ones do not). That could be why it's not showing up?

Cheers

Pip
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

It still does not work, I emailed my scenario so hopefully uou will post it in the communiy content section of the game.

Thanks.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Emailed it where? Email isn't a way that we accept content (for a number of reasons, not least of which is that we get 1000s of emails a day, but also because there is a size limit on most email servers of <10Mb).

Please host your file somewhere and post on the forums. That way we, or other community members, can grab it and take a look.

Cheers

Pip
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I have an e-mail scenario from someone but before we host it we need to see that the community has played it so we like you to post it to the forum and see feedback from others. This way we can be sure it all works before we grab it and that it is balanced.

If you can do this then mail us once you have some good feedback we'll grab the files and host them.
sraiello
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re:

Post by sraiello »

pipfromslitherine wrote:Ah - multiplayer scenarios require a CAMPAIGN.TXT file (while single player ones do not). That could be why it's not showing up?

Cheers

Pip
I'm having a similar problem trying to play my created maps in multiplayer. I added the CAMPAIGN.TXT file as you suggested and made the necessary modifications to the code so the missions will now show up on the multiplayer screen and can be selected, but the scenarios say MISSING_IDS_SCENARIO_"then the game name" and it won't let me actually accept the game from the ACCEPT CHALLENGE tab. Any thoughts on what I need to do next?

Thanks
Scott
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Submitting scenarios

It's hard to say without looking at your files. The missing string means that you have not defined a string (in your text1.txt file) for the scenario names.

If you cannot accept your own games, you probably need to add ALLOWMPHOTSEAT 1 to your user.txt file.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
sraiello

Post by sraiello »

pipfromslitherine wrote:It's hard to say without looking at your files. The missing string means that you have not defined a string (in your text1.txt file) for the scenario names.

If you cannot accept your own games, you probably need to add ALLOWMPHOTSEAT 1 to your user.txt file.

Cheers

Pip
I added the missing string in the text1.txt file and the MISSING_IDS error is now gone. I added the ALLOWMPHOTSEAT 1 to my user.txt file, but still can't accept the challenge in MP. I tried putting " " and [ ] around the string, but no luck. Any thoughts?

Thanks for all the help thus far.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can't accept or can't issue a challenge?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
sraiello

Post by sraiello »

can't accept the challenge

Return to “Battle Academy : Scenario Design”