First Days In Normandy- Allies SP Campain- DKDom

Download scenarios and talk about scenario design.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Fluffi
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: First Days In Normandy- Allies SP Campain- DKDom

Post by Fluffi »

As for the link, I don't know, I haven't gotten a new link at all yet, and to be honest I'm just going to wait until otherwise. dkdom said he was going to get the links up last week but no luck from what I've seen so far (saying that makes me feel rude somehow). I'm fairly certain he's doing what he can to get it fixed though, so all we need to do is just wait until he gives us an update on the matter.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

DatMoff wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:33 pm As for the link, I don't know, I haven't gotten a new link at all yet, and to be honest I'm just going to wait until otherwise. dkdom said he was going to get the links up last week but no luck from what I've seen so far (saying that makes me feel rude somehow). I'm fairly certain he's doing what he can to get it fixed though, so all we need to do is just wait until he gives us an update on the matter.
Yes, that is exactly what I am doing too. I am a modder myself, for other Slitherine games, and I would never push for a release date. But, I saw your post in this thread, and it sounded like you had a new link from somewhere.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

So...anyone had any luck with any new possible links? Only asking because I'm running out of single player stuff to kill the time.
Eagletanker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Eagletanker »

So, are the links not going to happen or did they forget about the campaign
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

DKDom is likely busy with life, either that or he has lost interest in the game. Either way, it's his choice and I respect him for that. It's just a shame that the likelihood of these scenarios showing up again happens to be slim to none; I enjoyed playing them when I was able to, but I suppose all good things must come to an end.

(In all seriousness and honesty though, I would be legitimately surprised if DKDom spontaneously posts the new links up. The thing is though is that it's been months now and I'm pretty much out of hope at this point...)
Eagletanker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Eagletanker »

Time to wait more
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

TankerOne wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:57 pm Time to wait more
I know, I'm just being dramatic. Although it technically has been quite a while since we've heard anything regarding the whole deal, and for all we know he may not have the scenarios with him anymore (I'm not sure how BA works with custom scenarios, but I presume you would have to start from scratch if you were to reinstall it or get a new computer).
Eagletanker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Eagletanker »

hopefuly someone has the flies. This game is really good and I would hate to see the community die out
morge4
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by morge4 »

I have the files in .zip form. Linked here... https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxnkc7qpg5b52 ... .zip?raw=1
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

morge4 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:31 pm I have the files in .zip form. Linked here... https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxnkc7qpg5b52 ... .zip?raw=1
Thanks very much!
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Eagletanker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Eagletanker »

I am on iPad so I need LST :( but go to see somebody has the files
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

Oh wow...that was unexpected. Well I'm pretty grateful that someone managed to recover at least one of DkDom's older works. Thanks morge!
morge4

Post by morge4 »

DatMoff wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:51 pm Oh wow...that was unexpected. Well I'm pretty grateful that someone managed to recover at least one of DkDom's older works. Thanks morge!
I believe I still have quite a few of DK's older works. If you have a specific one you would like, let me know the name and I'll see if I have it.
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

Well, I'd want to say "all of them", but for now I'd prefer to get a hold of the Allied and Axis France 1940 campaigns instead. Also, I may need some help trying to get the files into the game, as while I have extracted/unpacked the .zip file the Normandy campaign came in I can't really play it. (I haven't really touched the game for a while so I largely forgot how to do this sort of stuff, so I apologize if I'm being a bit slow),
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

Disregard that last part regarding where I put the files; I found out putting them in the CAMPAIGNS folder is good enough. It's a little strange seeing the campaign clumped with the official ones but it works regardless. That said, I just need .zip files for the Allies and Axis France 1940 campaigns. As much as I like tank battles, it isn't often that you'll come across custom scenarios with the French as a playable faction (at least regarding full-fledged campaigns).
morge4

Post by morge4 »

DatMoff wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:29 pm Disregard that last part regarding where I put the files; I found out putting them in the CAMPAIGNS folder is good enough. It's a little strange seeing the campaign clumped with the official ones but it works regardless. That said, I just need .zip files for the Allies and Axis France 1940 campaigns. As much as I like tank battles, it isn't often that you'll come across custom scenarios with the French as a playable faction (at least regarding full-fledged campaigns).
Ok, I believe these are the ones you want. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2g6f56yhb0kep ... .zip?raw=1
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You should not place user mods into the main game install. Just unzip the campaigns into Documents/My Games/BBCBA/CAMPAIGNS (or MULTIPLAYER for MP campaigns). The game will then add them to the list.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:31 pm You should not place user mods into the main game install. Just unzip the campaigns into Documents/My Games/BBCBA/CAMPAIGNS (or MULTIPLAYER for MP campaigns). The game will then add them to the list.

Cheers

Pip
Well, in hindsight I should have known that. Thing is, I have another file/application that goes by the name of MyGames and it happens to be for a completely different game. For whatever reason I somehow thought that I could find the custom scenarios in the Steam Battle Academy files. Now that you've helped me remember where the user campaigns are now, I'm going to assume that putting user scenarios in the main campaigns folder may cause some unwanted complications. While I will point out I haven't had any problems with it as of current, I'll nonetheless move the folder to the correct place.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

morge4 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:32 pm
DatMoff wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:29 pm Disregard that last part regarding where I put the files; I found out putting them in the CAMPAIGNS folder is good enough. It's a little strange seeing the campaign clumped with the official ones but it works regardless. That said, I just need .zip files for the Allies and Axis France 1940 campaigns. As much as I like tank battles, it isn't often that you'll come across custom scenarios with the French as a playable faction (at least regarding full-fledged campaigns).
Ok, I believe these are the ones you want. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2g6f56yhb0kep ... .zip?raw=1
Many, many, thanks for these morge4!

I think the only DkDom campaigns that I am missing now are the two ARMOUR campaigns (one German and one Allied). and the Dniepr 43 campaign for BA2. If you can upload those it would be fantastic!

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

Thanks morge, it'll be a blast playing these again. You're a lifesaver I tell ya. :)

Return to “Battle Academy : Scenario Design”