AA Power and AA Vulnerability

Modders can post their questions on scripting and more.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

AA Power and AA Vulnerability

Post by Navaronegun »

All,

How are these stats compared and resolved with regard to an AA Unit warding off an air attack? Does it merely relate to the shooting down of an Air attack or does the presence of an AA capable unit inhibit the attack at all? Finally, is there a range radius for the effectiveness of a unit with an AA Power rating?

Thanks,

Nav
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AA Power and AA Vulnerability

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Pretty sure the AA power stuff only applies to whether the attack is shot down or not. All the logic is in DATA/SCRIPTS/AIRSTRIKE.BSF

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Navaronegun
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Navaronegun »

pipfromslitherine wrote:Pretty sure the AA power stuff only applies to whether the attack is shot down or not. All the logic is in DATA/SCRIPTS/AIRSTRIKE.BSF

Cheers

Pip

Thanks Pip. So from what I can see, AA Power is added up cumulatively (multiple units) and if more than 90, it is made 90. And that it the percentage chance of a shot down. A Higher AA Vulnerability is a bonus to that number (the percentage chance of a shoot down). Sound about right?
I think the best way to describe our operations to date is that they have violated every recognized principle of war.
General Eisenhower, Supreme Commander Allied Expeditionary Force, on the Tunisian Campaign, 27 DEC 1942.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Sounds like I remember, yes! :)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Battle Academy : Modders Corner ”