Script needed - Escape from Malmedy

Modders can post their questions on scripting and more.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Script needed - Escape from Malmedy

Post by jcb989 »

Hello all,

Working on updating an old scenario that I released as alpha but did not finalize, Escape from Malmedy.

And, I need help with a script. I need a means to check for the existence/survivors of a particular type of unit, each turn as a victory condition.

Basically as a victory condition (or perhaps conversely a "we didn't lose yet" condition..) I want to check if any US Prisoner units are still surviving.
If none are, Allies lose and Germans win (the criminals of massacre are never properly prosecuted for lack of witnesses. hey, its a game so work with me here)
So Allies will win if someone survives the massacre to tell the tale at Nuremberg. I will set the German victory as capturing all the map flags, thus complicating
the use of the Allied forces, they will not solely be able to simply protect the survivors but they will need to juggle guarding the map flags as well.

Can anyone provide a solution script for that? =)

Thank you
jcb989

Re: Script needed - Escape from Malmedy

Post by jcb989 »

bump, lol. still need help completing special victory conditions on my scenario =)
dcoffin
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Script needed - Escape from Malmedy

Post by dcoffin »

jcb989

I am surely not a programmer and cannot help out with actual script, but it seems to me that your desired outcome is similar how the MERR_RESCUE_PRISONER_V1.0 "official added community mod", where you lose if the unit carrying recovered prisoner is killed. While not the specific situation you are looking for there may be script that you could adapt to your needs.

Regards,

dcoffin

Return to “Battle Academy : Modders Corner ”