Battle Academy IOS

Tech support for Battle Academy

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

manohak
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Battle Academy IOS

Post by manohak »

When I open Battle Academy in my Ipad Pro v10.2.1 I get a message that it could slow down my ipad and that the developer needs to update it.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Battle Academy IOS

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Apple is moving iOS to 64-bit only at some point, purely to force users to upgrade their hardware. The message is trying to scare users (and devs). There is nothing that the app can do to "slow down your ipad". Unfortunately it is not practical for us to rewrite BA to run natively in 64 bit.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
manohak

Post by manohak »

Looks like you are right. I have read that IOS 11 will be 64 bit. I will miss your games.
awaba
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by awaba »

It’s a pity you seem happy to lose all your Apple customers. I thought we would have been a significant part of your business. Apparently not.
awaba

Post by awaba »

Ah yes. Look at all those forward thinking game companies that refused to update their games past Windows 3.1 & berated Windows for forcing users into expensive updates. Darwin principle at work here.
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by DonCzirr »

awaba wrote:It’s a pity you seem happy to lose all your Apple customers. I thought we would have been a significant part of your business. Apparently not.

I think they weighed the Apple annoyance factor vs the profits they have seen thus far from IOS products and chose another direction. (consoles, Steam etc)

One could argue that it was just poor marketing and promotion on their side - and cite successful IOS turn based strategy games such as XCOM or Rome Total War in contrast but I don't think that will achieve anything.

Only chance is for other publishers to step up and fill the void.

I keep looking for Hexwar to do so ... and watch with some dismay as they take a step forward and then two steps back ....

But - they're the best hope now with the decline of Slitherine on the IOS platform ... so I keep on supporting them - with hopes that they'll eventually step up to achieve Sliterine's former quality.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
MarcosMalo

Post by MarcosMalo »

Hey all. Thank you Slitherine and Pip for the great game and the great tech support. I'm going to miss BA on my iPad. I understand the decision to discontinue development: the audience on iOS just isn't that great and BA is an old game. But let's be honest about this: it was Slitherine's decision and they made it quite some time ago. They haven't updated the game in over three years (May, 2014). It's Slitherine's financial decision and I'm sure it wasn't taken lightly. This isn't about Apple doing something heinous for motives of greed. Hopefully Slitherine will continue developing and supporting other games on the iOS platform.

In some ways BA had become stale and boring. BA2 is much more interesting and deep. But BA had become my go-to game when I needed something familiar and mindless to unwind. It's on my iPad right now, whereas BA2 isn't loaded. Maybe I'll get it on Steam at some point, but I hardly ever play games on the PC these days. Depends on how much I really miss it.

Thanks again to Slitherine and especially to Pip who has devoted years to supporting us players. Pip, you are awesome!
Emoni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

When is Battle Academy getting updated for iOS?

Post by Emoni »

Been waiting for the update for this as well as Commander The Grear War. Other companies have updated their games, but still waiting here. Paid plenty for the game and enjoy it, so wondering when the compatibility update is coming.

Thanks.
Emoni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Emoni »

awaba wrote:It’s a pity you seem happy to lose all your Apple customers. I thought we would have been a significant part of your business. Apparently not.
Wow, I seriously hope this isn’t the attitude of Slitherine. I’m annoyed with Apple too, but all other companies I know updated their major apps to be compatible. If you are going to charge a premium for your games on iOS, at least keep them working and updated please! Otherwise, I’d like a refund, partial at least.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: When is Battle Academy getting updated for iOS?

Post by zakblood »

please see and read these topics on the going updated information regarding IOS

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=76866

Return to “Battle Academy : Tech Support”