User File and Zoom out setting.

Tech support for Battle Academy

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

TrentDep
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

User File and Zoom out setting.

Post by TrentDep »

Hey Pip - Just ran into a bit of a problem BA ( 1 ). I change the User file setting that allows one to zoom out further as explained in a Steam forum - I used it successfully on both BA 1 and 2 previously. This time a created a real monster... When I start any scenario all I see is white where the playing surface should be. All the other stuff is there, I just can't see the playing field incl all terrain and units. If I change to a top down view, everything is fine - I can even zoom way out!

I cannot figure out what I did, but I think my first step should be to ensure that I have the data correct in the user file?... This is what I currently have in both my BA and BA 2 User files :

PITCH 45
ZOOM 300
ZOOMLIMIT 500
ROTATE 30
FOV 30

Thanks for your help!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: User File and Zoom out setting.

Post by zakblood »

in steam if you wish the default one to be put back, delete the file and rehash the game

Verify Integrity of Game Cache
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335

if you need advice on something else, pm maybe better, as he may or may not see this thread
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

The default values are

PITCH 45
ZOOM 300
ZOOMLIMIT 500
ROTATE 30
FOV 30

If that is not working it may be that you have changed another file. You should also check that the file is an ASCII 8 bit file, not a unicode file.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
TrentDep

Post by TrentDep »

zakblood_slith wrote:Verify Integrity of Game Cache
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -QEUH-3335
Thank you both!

Yes Pip - I'm pretty sure I changed something somewhere that I should not have :oops:. Checking cache files did the trick ( Steam corrected automatically ) and the old tried and true method ( when applied correctly ) accomplished the extra zoom out!

Thanks again,

~ T

Return to “Battle Academy : Tech Support”