Sealion Multiplayer acting up

Tech support for Battle Academy

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Brummbar44
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Sealion Multiplayer acting up

Post by Brummbar44 »

Started a multiplayer against an opponent initiated by them. When I start up I get a series of errors about missing text...I can 'ok' skip through them and get to the battle (there are a lot!)...but this never happened before? Please advise.

On a side note; I can't seem to play the MP Merr Random at all anymore...I just get error messages (that look like a script error) and the game freezes. I haven't played one of these since the last update so is there maybe something that has changed that has now broken these?

Any help is appreciated!
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sealion Multiplayer acting up

Post by pipfromslitherine »

That's very odd. What mission/campaign is causing the problem? Have you played it before (and have you played it before when you have DebugMode turned on)?

I have a vague recollection that a bug fix might have affected the Merr campaign - have you tried grabbing them again from the semi-official hosting? If not you always have the option to open the script file and remove the offending issue and then just hit return to reload and continue.

Cheers

Pip
Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 »

It's the Armoured Showdown multiplayer. No, I don't think when I played it before that I had debug on (maybe that's why I didn't see the errors before?). It's a series of missing text and description errors.

Thanks for the tip on the Merr scenarios...I'll check into those again.

Cheers!
Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 »

Hi Pip,

Just started a MP vs. a listed game on the English Villages battle and whenever it is my turn, the series of errors about missing text is still happening. When I look in the MP folder at the TEXT1.TXT file I see that it is in fact missing the relevant info (for example, IDS_Campaign_Text_a etc...).

I tried to re-download the expansion but in the members section, I got a .exe file (I'm on Mac)...please advise...
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

It sounds like you have debug mode enabled. MP games don't actually show some strings, so it is likely just a false error.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 »

Ahhh...ok, I do have debug enabled...it doesn't seem to affect play but is a little annoying having to hit ok for each missing string (there are a lot of them!). I'll turn off debugging then.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

You could of course also just add in the missing strings to allow you to keep debug on, though that could be a bit of a pain!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Brummbar44

Post by Brummbar44 »

Good point. Though you're right, there seems to be an awful lot of missing strings...I thought they would be in the normal campaign text but they weren't there either (hoping to copy and paste)...so I'm not sure where they are? Thanks anyway Pip

Return to “Battle Academy : Tech Support”